Courtney and I caught a train down to the city and I was so nervous, I've never really been the one that was supposed to know where I was going down in NYC before, I'm usually with someone else who knows where we're headed. We did great though, we didn't get lost even one time. When we got to Grand Central we hopped on the shuttle over to Times Square.
Our first stop was Hard Rock Cafe for some lunch-it was yummy!
After that, we wandered around Times Square for about an hour and a half.
We stopped in the giant Toys R Us, that's always a fun place to go. It was actually fun to go without the kids so we could take our time and I wasn't keeping them from destroying anything. We also went to a few souvenir shops, the M & Ms store and the Hersheys store.
Then, the grand finale......We went to Mamma Mia at the Winter Garden Theatre.
I found an awesome web site, www.Broadwaybox.com, where you can get 1/2 price tickets to a lot of shows without having to go wait in line early in the morning.
We had awesome seats, we were in Orchestra Row G. The play was so fun and bright. There were crazy costumes, everything from men dancing around in wet suits and flippers, to Elvis style spandex jumpsuits with silver platform boots.
What a fun day we had, I am so glad we were able to go see a Broadway play while Courtney was here!
Well, it's off to bed, I'm worn out!!!


5 comments:
holy cow you crazy ladies!! I am so jealous, but glad you guys are able to go all these fun things. How is Steve doing?
Looks like you guys are having a blast.
Thanks for that website for Broadway tickets.
What else do you have planned?
I love Mama mia. We saw it while we were in Vegas and I would love to see it again. It was a fun show. I will check out that site.
Wow, you guys are having a great time. Steve's gonna have a lot to live up to.
-Al
That's awesome that you guys had such a fun week. I'm really interested in this website you discovered!! Tell me more!
Post a Comment