I am finally starting to get in the fall spirit. I always have a hard time transitioning from summer to fall because I LOVE the warm weather and all the fun things to do in the summer. But now that we've gotten out and done some "traditional" fall activities, it's starting to soak in. (the fact that it's still in the 70s is helping, I'm LOVING the weather!)
Last Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo at Hogle Zoo with Kat and her kids. We were 6 of 23,497 people in attendance-apparently it shattered the standing record of 17,600ish. I think all 23,500 people were there at the same time we were. Regardless, we had a great time and the kids were excited about the candy!
I am a lame mom and didn't want to get my kids dressed up in their full costumes so they wouldn't get dirty, so I put them in all the Utah gear I could find along with our pompoms and tried to pass them off as UTE fans-very CUTE ute fans!
The zoo had different sponors set up tables throughout the zoo and you went and stood in line until you got to the person with the candy. Well, Kat and I started to notice a trend...people were taking pictures while in line-I don't know what was so exciting in line-so it would take forever and there would be huge gaps between them and the people in front of them. So we, being the cheaters that we are, sent the kids to the table from the other end and they got their treasures right away and we saved tons of time. I'm sure we were being cursed by the other parents in line, but if they wouldn't be taking pictures and wasting valuable trick-or-treating time, we wouldn't have been forced to do it that way:)
Here are a few pics of our fun adventure:
Makayla and Emma being so patient-the suckers always help with that.
2 comments:
I love the chocolate on Emma's face. That is amazing the number of people in attendance, but I do believe it. We had tons of fun though.
Wow, that is a lot of people in one spot. Looks like a ton of fun.
Post a Comment