Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween...FINALLY



Better late than never, right? We had so much fun on Halloween. Steve got home a little early from work so we finally decided to carve our pumpkins, talk about down to the wire. The kids had so much fun helping...neither of them would touch the "guts" but they liked poking at the outside of the pumpkins. Abi chose which decoration I used, the haunted house. Steve got this great Utah drum and feather template that he HAD to use. They turned out pretty good, I think.


Then after a quick pancake dinner we were off to Trick-or-treat. We decided to hit the neighborhoods up behind our apartment. To our surprise, not many people we home. After kind of striking out and the rain starting up, we decided to come back to our apartment complex and try out a couple of floors. This strategy proved to be the right one, people were handing out candy by the handful since there weren't many trick-or-treaters coming around.

It was such a fun night and the girls were so cute in their costumes, Abi was Little Red Riding Hood and Emma was the Big Bad Wolf-although no one could figure out what Emma's costume was-Oh well, I tried my best.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree late is better than never...
I love the red riding hood and the big bad wolf costume, that is so cute!

The Dillinghams said...

I loved your coordinating costumes. I hope to be that clever someday! So cute. We missed trick-or-treating with you, though. I think it's time for you to move back to CT:P I'm sure that's what you want to do, too, haha!

Unknown said...

Your girls were so cute dressed up! (Not that they aren't all the time!)
The wolf was very cute, but people probably can't imagine the 'BIG BAD' part because she angelic like her mommy!

d.r. gib said...

those pumpkins are awesome!

Katie Jo said...

Your pumpkins were great. Your kids were so cute also!

The Arbuckle's said...

Candy by the handful sounds great. Love your pumpkins and the girls costume. I agree with Ashley its time to move back to CT.

Kristen said...

I thought the costumes were so cute!

Alisa said...

Their costumes were great! I thought that the big bad wolf was rather ingenious, actually!