Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snow Canyon

We headed down to St. George for the long weekend, Steve was finally able to get a day off of work so we decided to take advantage of the situation!


We had a great time and got a lot of fresh air. The first stop was Snow Canyon. We drove through it and then turned around before exiting to find a fun place for the kids to get out and play. We found the perfect place, Galoot Hill. It is a HUGE sandstone rock/hill that's really easy to climb up since the sandstone has formed into "steps."

Just getting started
The best looking totem pole I've ever seen!
Emma was a little unsteady on the hill at first, but she quickly got comfortable and was off.
It took Abi no time to scale the rock on her own.
This was such a fun place, the kids were in heaven.


I thought this was such a funny pose!

We found a bunch of fun round rocks on the way up that Emma and Abi thought were fun to throw in the little puddles left behind from a rain storm earlier that day.

We made it to the top!




We even went back on Saturday when the rest of the group (Mike and Jill and kids & Roger and Cozette Gibson and their kids) was with us. I forgot my camera that day, but we had just as much fun. Emma actually screamed-and I mean SCREAMED-the whole way down the hill because she didn't want to leave. I think this will become something we do everytime we go down, maybe next time we can try a little hike or something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, It looks so beautiful! Good for you, I am glad you had such a wonderful time. We'll have to check that out the next time we get down that way.

The Arbuckle's said...

Those red rocks look so beautiful. Jason and I haven't been to st. George for 6 years, I miss that place.

Looks like a lot of fun.

kj said...

We LOVE Snow Canyon! It looks like something right out of a sci-fi film. What fun! Now I just need to convince Bill to take a weekend off...hmmmm.

d.r. gib said...

What a great spot you found! Next time we are there we will check it out for sure. The girls look so cute climbing the hill.

Kristen said...

I love the pictures!!What a fun little trip.

Cath said...

Your little getaway looks completely worth it!! So fun to see the snow in Zion - beautiful. We need to see you guys soon!