Sunday, July 12, 2009

First voyage of the year-

and can you believe it didn't happen until the second week in July!!?!?!  Usually by this time we've already been up to the lake a few times.

I've been a little hesitant to go out on the boat since my back's been giving me such troubles during this pregnancy, but boy am I glad that I gave it a try.  Not only did it not hurt my back, I got to see Abi being such an awesomely brave girl!  We had asked her if she wanted to try riding on a tube behind the boat with daddy (this was before she even saw the tube) and she was quite certain that she did NOT!  Well, once we got the tube blown up and she saw her cousins out there on it, she could hardly wait for her turn to get on it.  I was so excited that she wanted to-and with NO pressure from Steve or me.  She absolutely LOVED it.

Amanda, Abi, and Steve

 Steve's such a hot dog!

  
Steve decided to roll off the tube to demonstrate to Abi that IF she happened to fall off, she'd be ok and the boat would come back to get her.  Luckily he had done this demonstration for her because on another tube run Abi was out there with Amanda and Syd while Steve drove the boat.  In an attempt to take a very cautious turn and not scare her (since whipping around those turns can make you feel like you're going 100 MPH sometimes) he took it too SLOWLY and submarined the tube and all the girls fell off.  Abi was a trooper, she popped right up to the top of the water and held on to the tube.  Not ONE tear or anything.  She said it was scary, but it must not have been TOO scary since she got back on it later and keeps telling me she wants to go again.  WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

Emma and I enjoying the fun from inside the boat.  I couldn't believe how much Emma enjoyed it too, I thought she was going to hate it since she was pretty mad at me before we left when I tried to put the lifejacket on her to make sure it fit her ok.  She was in HEAVEN!

Can't wait to get up there again!  Hopefully next time I'll still be on the boat when Steve skis so I can get some pics of that too.

1 comment:

rachel said...

wow abi is brave! I don't know if Kate would do that.