Two weeks ago our ward had a spaghetti dinner/fundraiser for the Young Men and Young Women's camps. It was really fun. The food was good, the evening was successful and they had a super fun cake auction to cap it all off. This was so fun! People in the ward made or bought cakes to donate to be auctioned off. I decided I wanted to contribute one and decided it needed to be more than just a 9 X 13 rectangular cake so that it would go for a little more $$$...here's what I ended up with...

I found this cute little purse cake on Betty Crocker's website and decided it didn't look too hard. I am definitely NOT an artistic person and I definitely don't have a steady hand but this one looked somewhat do-able. It is definitely not as perfect as I hoped, but I think it turned out ok considering it's my first ever attempt at a "fancy" cake. And more importantly it sold for $60 to help out the youth afford camp this year!!! It was a fun little project.
5 comments:
$60! Guess it is time to start selling cakes as a home business.
WAY to go girl!!! I'm sad I wasn't there to bid on that adorable cake. Next year for sure : )
Good job! $60 is awesome! Really cute.
that is so cool! how did you get it to stand up with out tipping over?
That's awesome Hillary - I am super impressed. And congrats for getting the $60 for the fundraiser!
Post a Comment