I have come to few realizations over the last few months. Some are things I'm happy about, others I'm still coming to terms with :)
- The first realization is that it's been about 2 weeks since I last posted!!!! Where does the time go? I'm sure you're all sick of looking at my whiny, weeding post. SOrRy!!
- I realize now that I will probably NEVER be my pre-babies size again. This one is one that I am struggling coming to terms with. After having 3 babies I know that I have some lingering baby pounds and I also know that my bone structure is now a little different-if ya know what I mean...a little wider you could say. I'm sure if I were to give up some treats and my Pepsi I could drop a few more pounds. But I have found that if I give everything up that I enjoy to eat that I do really well for a few days and then I completely crash and go way overboard on the junk food. So, moderation will be the best I can do at this point.
- I realize that I absolutely AdORe my kids. I have pretty much always known this, but for some reason over the last few weeks my love for them has seemed to intensify. They are such sweet kids, they walk around telling each other that they love each other (which I just LOVE to hear), they love to play together and entertain Jason. Jason has even gotten in on the action, he has become quite the little ham and LOVES to make his sisters laugh.
- Potty training is a BeASt!!! I don't quite remember it being this difficult with Abi. Maybe it was and I have just blocked the bad memory...but for some reason it just seems to be a never-ending issue with Emma.
- I am SO blessed. I have been feeling quite overwhelmed with a few things over the last few months but after a few personal experiences I have come to realize that I have A LOT to be thankful for. We all have our health. Steve is employed. We have a nice place to live. We have wonderful family and friends. Sure, we have some struggles, a few stressful things going on, but who doesn't?! I need to spend more time focusing on what I DO have and not what I DON'T have or things that are OUT of my COntRoL.
- Heat is heat. There's the everlasting debate about which kind of heat is worst-a dry heat or the humidity...you know what? once it's 90+ degrees it doesn't matter. When it's HOT it's HOT and you'll be uncomfortable either way. Growing up in a desert I used to think the dry heat was worse but then when we moved to Connecticut I decided that the humidity was worse. Then moving back to Utah and the "Dry heat" I decided that was way worse. Well, now that I'm back in a humid climate and it's HOT, I've realized that it doesn't matter if it's dry or moist-when it's hot, it's HOT!
3 comments:
I loved your point #2. Although I think you look fabulous! Don't get so down on yourself. For the first year after my babies, no matter how hard I tried - I found myself drinking at least 1 soda pop per day. It was like my nightly cocktail or something. It really gave me the boost I needed.
And about the whole weight/baby thing - it really did take me a full 2 years post birth to get back into any kind of figure. You'll probably do it MUCH faster than me...
I hear ya! and just saying "Hi" :)
I love your realizations. Your baby boy is so adorable - just like your girls! Crazy that you're back east again!
Post a Comment