Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jason is 9 months old???

Where did the time go? Is it really possible? How can it be? I seriously can't believe that our little Jasers (as he's become known in these parts) is already 9 whole months old!!!

Here are 9 fun facts about our little man:

1. He LOVES life! He is always smiling, giggling, waving his arms and legs around out of excitement. He just always puts a smile on our faces!

2. He is really starting to enjoy food. He'll eat any baby food that we give him and he's always watching us eat and will steal any of our food at the first chance he gets.

3. Still NO teeth. I keep thinking they're going to show themselves any day, but they never do. He'll get really grumpy and drooly for a few days so I am POSITIVE the teeth are to blame-but they have yet to surface.
4. He can roll both ways, but he doesn't. As soon as you lay him down on his back he'll flip himself over on to his tummy. But he never rolls from his tummy to his back-I've seen him do it a few times, I know he can, but he WON'T. He loves to be on his tummy, I think it's because he can see more, scoot himself around to reach things and see things.

5. He's getting sort of close to crawling. He'll get himself up on his little knees and rock for a minute but then he collapses onto his tummy and rolls himself right over. It's coming though!!!
6. He's probably had more haircuts than months he's been alive. His hair grows SO fast and I hate when it hangs over his ears. Plus if it gets too long only the top/middle part stands up and the rest lays down and it looks really weird. So I may be a little obsessive about it, but I cut his hair every couple of weeks.

7. He sleeps through the night. He's actually been doing this for months now but I never got around to blogging about it until now. He's a dream when it comes to bedtime! Naptimes are a little different-he goes down just fine, but then he only sleeps for 45 mins-1 hour. Then he needs about 3 naps a day. If we have no place to go it's just fine, but on days we have to go places it becomes a pain because he is wanting a nap every two or three hours.
8. He ADORES his sisters. If he's ever grumpy all I have to do is ask one of them to go talk to him and he'll cheer right up. Emma will play peek-a-boo with him (which I just melt every time I see her do this, it is SOOO cute!!!) or Abi will tickle him or talk her jibberish to him and he lights right up!

9. He is an amazing little baby. So content, happy, peaceful, fun, cheerful, and wonderful. He really has been a little dream guy for us, I almost feel guilty for having such an easy baby! I am grateful for him, he just makes my day-from his giggle, to his smiles, to his QUICK snuggles (and boy are the quick-none of my kids have been snugglers), to the way his face just seems to light up when he sees me-this kid just has me under his spell! We love you Jacey baby!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

He looks like such a sweet, happy baby! Gets me all excited to have a boy!

Jill said...

Wow...I can't believe he's 9 months either! He's so cute! Can't wait to give him a squeeze next month!