Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry THANKSGIVING!!!

Ok, Ok, so I know I'm behind-I'm on the wrong holiday but I better blog this in order or it may not happen at all.

We had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving this year. We stayed in Pennsylvania and invited our friends, the Martinezes down from Connecticut for the holiday. We were so happy when they said they could come-I was verging on GIDDY! They came down the night before and stayed with us until Friday night. Allison was awesome and helped me with all the preparations. The kids all got along SO well, I wish we still lived close to them so they could play all the time!

We flew remote control helicopters (well, the guys did), we stuffed ourselves, we relaxed a bit, we did a little service project that the Martinezes (still not sure if that's the right way to make their name plural-is it Allison?) brought with them, we also went to the Herr's chip factory the next day but they don't let you take pics in there so I have no photo proof :)

The layout-Allison set the table, she
made it so fancy!
The kid table:
Emma
Abi and Jacob
Jason and Micah were napping
Laying out the food-All the fixin's, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, gluten free green bean casserole, sauteed carrots, yummy orange rolls compliments of Allison. Oh, and we topped it off with some pumpkin cake-didn't get any pics of that, we were too busy gorging ourselves.
That night we stuffed these cute little animals (kind of like Build-A-Bear I would imagine) and dressed them up for some kids that didn't have much. Jake has a co-worker who's daughter started this service project-"Stuffed with Love"-it was so fun to do and the kids loved it!
The kids with the animals they each stuffed
We had such a wonderful time over Thanksgiving. It's wonderful to have such great friends not too far away to fill in for our families that live a few thousand miles away, it made for a very happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: