So, you know when you are looking for a new job, a lot of times you'll see in the job descriptions that they are looking for a minimum of 5 years experience. Five seems to be the magic number. I guess they assume that if you've been doing something for 5 long years that you should be pretty good at it. If you don't have the 5 years under your belt you still need a little more time to become the pro that they're looking for...
I've been a mom now for 5 years, so that makes me an expert-right? I like to think that I'm getting the hang of it. I can change diapers on a squirmy kid pretty quickly, I can dress a baby who is still mush and can't push their arms or legs into their own clothes. I can bathe a baby without drowning them. I can sing them songs, read them stories, snuggle with them like a pro-at least I like to think that I can.
So after 5 years we have had many different toys in our home too. There are definitely toys that work for us that aren't too big of a pain to have around. And then there are those little toys that are always getting lost, or stepped on, or eaten. Or the toys that are really loud and obnoxious. Or the ones that the kids seem to fight over non-stop. Well, being an expert mommy ;D, you'd think I would know better by now-but you'd be wrong.
Have you seen these thing???? These evil little monsters (yes, you read that right, I just called these cute little kid toys "evil little monsters")...

SQUINKIES!
Again I ask, What were we thinking!!!???!!! These things are tiny little creatures that come in little plastic balls (kinda like at the grocery store-you know those little quarter vending machines-you put your money in, turn the silver knob and a little ball pops out with a treasure inside) that are about the size of a little bouncy ball. Ever since Christmas I have been finding these things EVERYWHERE! In our shoes, in our closets, under beds, in the pantry, in Jason's mouth!!!, under the couch, Anywhere you could possibly imagine. I have thrown away I don't know how many of those little plastic balls that have been stepped on and broken into a sharp, pointy shard waiting to embed itself in someone's foot. SO, after 5 years of experience, why didn't we resist the urge to purchase these for our girls for Christmas???? I am STILL trying to figure that one out myself!!!!
4 comments:
Thanks for the waring. I feel like the longer I'm a mother the less i know : )
So, funny! I've never heard of them - but good to know! :)
Ha! I love it. This is how I feel about those yellow, foam shooting things that go in guns for boys. Everywhere in my house!
lol!
Post a Comment