Tuesday, March 29, 2011

my sick days

So I've been sick now for almost a week. It all started out with a simple sore throat and has just exploded. I have had the sore throat, both ears hurt, severe sinus pressure and congestion, a continuous headache, EXTREME exhaustion, and the newest thing is the chills/body aches. Well finally yesterday I dragged myself into the doc and found out that I have a sinus infection (not surprised there) but also an ear infection...yuck!

Well, to say the least, I have felt miserable the last few days. I have had NO energy to do anything so I have proclaimed them sick days. I know just saying it doesn't make it so, but that's what I have done. Although the kids still need to be taken care of, I still took my sick days. Yesterday morning I don't think I can even remember how many cookies the girls ate before 10am. I'm not sure Abi even had any lunch. Emma only did because she found a half eaten corn dog on the floor that Jason had thrown there...I stopped her before her first bite and promised to make her her own :D. I am pretty sure the tv was on ALL day (other than when I was at the doc and my sweet friend Shannon had the kids). They were only fed dinner because wonderful Steve stopped at McDonalds on his way home (when he walked in the door I was asleep on the couch-oops! Oh, and the biggest one of all, I didn't even take Abi to school because I felt so crappy-good parenting, I know!

So then today rolls around. I'm feeling just a smidge better. Steve takes Emma TO school but I still have to pick her up. While Abi, Jason and I are waiting for that time I take a little nap on the couch while Abi "babysits" Jason for me. On our way to get Emma we run by the store in order to buy lunchables (I did have to get a few other things too) so I don't have to make lunch today but my kids will still get fed. As I am typing this, feeling too tired to do anything about it, I am listening to the sound of Jason coloring on the walls with a pencil (Please don't tell Steve I just let him go on coloring...I'll clean it when I back from my sick days). So, as much as a mom gets to, I am having a sick day. My house looks awful, my kids look homeless(at least they were fed today, right?), and I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'll be back in the land of the living tomorrow. :D

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hope you feel better soon. Moms dont really get days off. (at least not until kids are all in school...)