We had a BLAST on the 4th of July this year (literally)! We had a great BBQ at the Strong's with a few super fun families. The food was awesome, the kids had fun (not eating) and running around, jumping on the tramp, and shooting off a Sprite bottle rocket that the Andersons brought with them. It was so fun!!!
The Andersons also introduced us to their fun Fourth of July tradition-HOMEMADE rockets! This was sooo fun! Each family got their own rocket to build. I was going to just let Steve build ours but it was also his month end and quarter end at work and so he was working super long hours. So guess who attempted to build the rocket all by herself??? ME! I was SO worried that it wouldn't fly...but IT DID!!! And it was so awesome to see "The Arvinator" fly so high! I must say, I was somewhat proud of myself. We decided that these rockets are going to become an annual tradition for us too-even though all my kids were in tears and terrified of them-they've got to come around at some point, right?! (That's not considered child abuse, is it?)
The kids are so excited to do the rockets (little do they know what they're in for :D)
Oh, and the Andersons also brought some fun stomp rockets-they're the rocket gurus!

Emma's content with the stomp rockets

So is Jason! As soon as we launched the first real rocket he pretty much climbed up my body and into my arms, he HATED the sound they made when they blasted off.

Ready for lift-off...in 3, 2, 1...

Coming in safely for landing! YAY!!!!!!
After the rockets we headed back over to the Strong's for a super firework show. My kids, once again, were less than thrilled with the noise...but at least Jason looks a little happy for now.
I swear it's not on fire, it was just super bright!

Abi slowly warmed up to the fireworks, as long as she was near Tasha and Kambree

But Emma still preferred the view from inside

Jason eventually just gave up and fell asleep

"The LADDER of FIRE!!!"
Mike put a firework on each step of the ladder and then, with the help of a few other guys, created the ladder of fire.

Ooh...Ahhhh

This looks like trouble!

And for the grand finale...
EMMA JOINED US!!!!!
It was an amazing evening, we had so much fun and were so grateful to have such wonderful friends to share the holiday with!
4 comments:
So fun! You're developing quite the group of CT friends out there! It makes me feel left out! :) The rockets look like fun. I love that you made the rocket yourself Hillary! You're awesome.
GREAT PICS!!! I can't wait for next year : )
hi hilary! i dont read blogs enough. youre kids are so big now. It sounds like you have gotten more ct friends out there with you guys. SO FUN!
I LOVED the name of your rocket. I can't wait to see what you come up with next year. The 4th of July celebration certainly went off with a bang!
Post a Comment