When we heard that Steve's brother, Matt, and his family were leaving the great state of PA to head back to the great state of UT, we decided we better do a little more hanging out before they left.
Our first outing was some local sightseeing near Lancaster.
First stop of the day: Julius Sturgis Pretzel Factory. Julius Sturgis invented the hard pretzel on accident when he kept burning his soft pretzels and decided to see if they were edible that way. And the rest is HISTORY!
The kids got to learn how to twist their own soft pretzels
Kelsey, Greg, Abi, Jas and Emma out front.
Emma-that's a BIG pretzel you got there.
Then after a brief stop over at Candyology (awesome store by the way-you can get all the great old fashioned candies there as well as some new stuff. I bought one of my friends a bacon sucker-AWESOME!) we headed to Kitchen Kettle Village-kind of an outdoor boutique. (similar to Gardner Village for all you Utahns)
Kaili, Jason, Ryan
Abi, Emma, Kelsey
Decorating gingerbread cookies in one of the stores. This store had some crazy stuff-like Pickle flavored chapstick...WOW!
It was fun seeing a little more of where we live. I am finding more and more that there are little hidden gems all over this area! I can't wait to get out and explore some more (I'm hoping our next stop will be Indian Echo Caverns.) but stay tuned for our next Arvy adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment