Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mt. Tom State Park

The perfect day!
There is a beautiful little lake about an hour and a half away from here located in Mt. Tom State Park. We decided to spend Saturday up there with some friends of ours. This lake is so perfect for the little kids because there is a nice sandy beach where they can dig and build sandcastles and the water is pretty shallow so they can play in it without an adult being right by their side the whole time-they'd have to go out pretty far to get to where it's too deep. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a great time! We got there around lunch time and stayed until about 7:00pm, it was the perfect day! The kids had a ball and practically had to be dragged out of the water when it was time to go home. On the way home Abi fell asleep and I had to wake her up this morning at 8:00, threw her in the bath really quickly to get all the caked on sand out of her hair and then we were headed to church-she played so hard yesterday, we wore her out good!
All in all, the day went off without a hitch...Steve got a bit sun burnt, but that was the only thing that went wrong (although, he didn't put on sunscreen, so he was kind of asking for it)-not too bad of a day.
We started off the day getting all packed up~Abi earned her keep by packing up the cooler~she's very organized!!! Oh well, she was trying her best.


Abi couldn't wait to get in the water! The water felt really nice-I guess that's another benefit of it being shallow.


Even Emma had a great time and wasn't stuck in the car seat the whole time since there was shade...





Monica, Kambree, and Abi had fun building a sandcastle up on the beach-Monica is a great castle builder!
Kambree wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty-or in this case, her whole self dirty...doesn't it make you miss being a kid and playing in the mud all day! So cute!!!
After so much hard work, Abi needed to take a rest on the shoreline...

She layed there for quite a while, it must have felt good there on the shore.
Jacob wasn't a fan of getting in the big lake, luckily he found this puddle that was just his size.
After BBQ-ing and having dinner, the kids were ready to get back in the water, unfortunately they were all dried off and we were ready to head home, it was a challenge to keep them out of the water...fortunately Abi can be distracted with a dangerous activity...
Abi climbed up here all by herself and she kept going back and forth.

We had such a great day and can't wait to get back up there for some more fun!

5 comments:

The Dillinghams said...

It looks like it was so much fun. So sad we couldn't go...Dane and I ended up sick at home anyways. Boo! We wish we could have come. Maybe next time. Abi looked like she had a BLAST!

d.r. gib said...

Abi-- you are a brave little girl!! climbing all over and playing in the water. And you look just like your mom at your age! Zach says "hi Abi, you go for a walk?" Can't wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful place~it looks like there are a lot of fun things to do out there! Speaking of forgetting to wear sunscreen. Two months ago I forgot to reapply sunscreen when I was in Ft. Lauderdale on an overnight for work. I was at the beach, went in the water to cool off and when I got back to my awesome Ft. Lauderdale Flamingo beach towel I had to buy at my hotel, I fell asleep. In Utah, no biggie. In Florida, it's a death wish. Because I was alont no one woke me up. 3 1/2 hours later the front side of my body was burnt to a crisp. I ended up with sun poisoning!!

Jill said...

What fun places you all are finding to visit! Mike missed Steve at the water fight! Jill

Abi said...

I love those perfect days! I can't believe how big your girls are getting!