Friday, July 20, 2007

2 Months Already???

As of today, Emma is 2 months old but it feels like she's been a part of our family for a lot longer than that. She is looking so big to me these days, so grown up. She loves to smile, she loves to lay on the ground and kick her feet like she's pedaling a bike, she loves to eat (she still eats about every 2 hours, UGH!-except at night luckily), she loves watching Abi play, she loves to be held in our arms and "talk" to us. We love her soooo much and are so glad she decided to come in to our home when she did-I guess she had more faith in us being parents of two than we did so she knew it was ok to come a bit early.


Abi has really taken a huge interest in her little sister over the last month-she'll give her hugs and kisses, she will take Emma's hands or feet and put them on her face or leg because she thinks it tickles, she will bring her binkis or bottles, or if Emma's crying she'll go up to her and either kiss her on the face or say "ok Emma." I love watching Abi interact with her, she really has matured over the last 2 months-what a great big sis!

Abi's still learning to watch her limbs around Emma, she is not always aware of how close they get to Emma and Emma ends up taking the brunt of that in the head. We're working on the spatial awareness though, so hopefully those days will end soon. Emma's a good sport though, she doesn't usually seem to mind the bumps.

We love you Emma!!!

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

They are both getting so big, and they are beautiful!! I can't wait to see them next month! Emma's hair is still crazy, but we all know that gets better. Makayla still eats every 2 hours too, so I understand. Have fun!

Kristen said...

you have 2 adorable little girls! I love watching them.

The Dillinghams said...

So cute! I love the picture of the two of them laying on the floor looking up. You should frame that one!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful! I love to see pictures of them. They both have your great smile Hill!