The next day we headed into the park for some sightseeing. We saw a ton of elk and a few buffalo on our way in.Today we were going to see the Artist's Paint Pots. They were pretty neat...we didn't realize that there would be a bit of a hike to this one so we took our double stroller with us-thanks Scott and Jim for carrying it up the big hill!


Abi was intrigued with these little pools, but she couldn't figure out why we couldn't get in them. Luckily she didn't succeed in her attempts to go swimming...she was a good girl!
But she did decide to lay down in the dirt-I think she thought she was at the beach or something, she was laying in it and playing with it. After this we went and had some lunch and then went back to the hotel to get Steve-he had finally arrived!!!
He was so happy to see the girls and they (and I) were soooo happy to see him after almost 2 weeks. The first thing he wanted to do (after getting some lunch) was take Abi swimming. Steve's brother, Doug, and their daughter, Eliza had the same idea, so we headed to the pool...
Abi and Eliza were just like little fish in the water, they had a great time-especially splashing their daddys!
A question: Why did the buffalo cross the street???
Answer:

So we could get a picture!This was so cool...this buffalo walked right up the middle of the street and right past Steve's window, if he'd stuck his arm out the window he could have touched it. There was another buffalo with it that crossed right in front of our car and went past Abi's and my window-but all I could get was a pic of it's rear end that wasn't very attractive, so this is all you're gonna get!
After the buffalo crossing, we were back on track to the fountain paint pot-they were neat but very smelly!!!
And they weren't disappointed!
After this excitement Steve and I decided we should take the girls back to the hotel since they were napping, but we took a little detour on the Firehole Loop just to see what was back there. When we were getting ready to drive a way a man came up to us to tell us that there was a geyser there that was about to go off so we should take the closest parking spot we could find if we wanted to see it. We sure are glad we did, this geyser was soooo great. It's called the Great Fountain Geyser and only goes off every 12 hours-and when it goes off it keeps on going and way high too-the ranger there said it went about 160 feet in the air...



By the end of the trip Emma still felt like this, I'm sure being able to ride in the stroller helped, plus she was excited about her new moose animal, however, the rest of us felt like...
And I'm sure that's how all of you feel after reading this novel of a posting- Thanks for reading!!!
5 comments:
Oh, I'm ready to go back! We miss you guys already!
It is nice when kids are so portable.
Looks like so much fun. We only ever got to go on day trips, so I don't think we got to see it all. I love the picture of Emma close to the end. What a cutie pie!
it looks like such fun! we will have to go up there.
I love Yellowstone park! It's so beautiful and open. And it's crazy that there are so many wild animals near the highway. I like to think of it as an adult zoo. We saw a bear last time we were there--a few hundred feet from the highway. CRAZY!
Post a Comment