So yesterday I was reading in Parenting Magazine and found a few fun things that I wanted to share.
The first thing I read about that I really liked was a phonebook that a mom made for her little girl-it has a picture of each of her relatives and friends with their phone numbers and a page for 911...I thought this was so smart so if the child can't read and has an emergency and needs to call someone, they know who they're calling. I'm sure my girls are too young for this right now, but when they (at least Abi) are a bit older I think I'll do this.
The other things are just fun websites that I read about. One of them is full of coloring pages and pages to help kids learn the alphpabet and more, it's www.janbrett.com. She is a children's book illustrator and has made some really cute pages to help your preschoolers learn their ABCs (and I'm sure any age kid would like to color).
The last one is a fun website and a great resource for your children, its www.worldalmanacforkids.com. It has little quizzes (that I failed by the way-guess I need to go back to elementary school) and facts, etc. You should check it out.
I love Parenting Magazine, I am always finding good advice and fun activities/websites from there. Hope you can get some use out of these things.
1 comment:
We love Jan Brett! I didn't know she did coloring pages. We will definitely check those out!
As a side note, one of my favorite storybooks is one of hers called Armadillo Rodeo- very cute!
Post a Comment