I'm sure most of you, like me, wake up each day with a bit of a to-do list or at least an idea of how you'd like the day to go-and today was no different...here's what I had planned to do:
1. get the girls (and me)fed, bathed, and dressed
2. clean up the kitchen/wash bottles
3. go over to Cove Beach for a 3 mile walk with some friends
4. stop by the grocery store on the way home for a few things (especially some Pepsi for lunchtime.)
5. get home and take a shower
6. feed Abi lunch
7. put the girls down for a nap
8. dust everything in our apartment
9. tidy up all the clutter
10. go to Wal Mart
11. make dinner
12. relax
Well, so far things aren't going according to plan. Emma woke up with a bit of a fever and isn't feeling well, so here's how the day has actually gone...
1. Abi woke up earlier than normal, so I got her a bottle and brought her in to my room to lay down while Steve was getting ready for work.
2. For the next hour or so (after Steve left) I got to listen to the beautiful sound of a 1 1/2 year old whining (not enough sleep!).
3. Then Emma woke up needing more tylenol and crying, so I got her a bottle and listened to more crying from the older one who now is crying because she wants some tylenol-yummy!.
4. While trying to get ready to go walking Emma wouldn't stop crying, so I decided to give her a bath to calm her down and then I sneak a bath in for Abi too.
5. I was too late to go to the beach so I decided to shower and then go to the store...
6. Didn't make it in the shower yet-Emma started screaming, so I rocked her to sleep.
7. It's almost Abi's lunch time-the store's going to have to wait.
8. Put Emma down in Abi's crib and got in the shower.
9. Half way through the shower Abi decides she wants to come say hi, when opening the door up she smacked herself in the head with it and started screaming, starting a chain reaction, now both girls are screaming at the top of their lungs...I had only used the shampoo and shaved 1 leg so far. I hurry and use the conditioner and soap (the other leg's gonna have to wait!) and jump out of the shower.
10. calm down both girls.
11. Put Emma in the swing and nuke Abi a hot dog. BONUS!!! Emma fell back to sleep so I decide to nuke me a hot dog too-YEA-food!!!
12. Load up the dishwasher and start it.
13. Put Abi down for a nap-now Emma's screaming again!
14. Give the wee one some tylenol-hopefully it'll kick in soon!
15. Feed Emma, she falls asleep.
16. Try to put her down so I can actually get some work done-she keeps waking up crying if I try that
17. Now I'm holding Emma while she sleeps and Abi sleeps. I decided to blog since I can't do anything else at the moment and since I need to unwind a bit!
I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!
So I started out with a list of 12 things to last all day and now I'm up to #17 and it's only 2:00. I don't do this to complain, I'm sure you've had days like this-or worse, but I blogged it because I think it's kinda funny. I'd love to hear about your days like this, it's encouraging to know I'm not the only one that experiences these kind of days.

7 comments:
I understand how those days go. It always seems that days go worse when I have a plan for the day- like playgroup days. for some reason Parker refuses to take a nap on Wednesday mornings. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.
Hillary, that is no excuse to miss walking with me!!! Haha, just kidding. I hate it when Dane doesn't cooperate with my plans. Today he decide to only do one 2 hour nap, instead of 2 naps equaling at least 3 hours. Let's just say our evening was NOT enjoyable!!! Hope tomorrow is better for both of us!
Every day is like this for me!That's why we Moms are so incredible! And, it doesn't stop once they get older...Sydney had a huge melt-down this morning and wouldn't stop crying either, and I know I can't her down for a nap! Ha, ha! It's a good thing we can laugh, right?!
We too have many days like this. Today was similar. We have all been sick at our house the past few days. After a couple days now Zach seems to be feeling better. I am feeling worse because of lack of sleep with Makayla. Where she can't have decongestant she is stuffy and has to have her nose sucked! She does not want to sleep unless I am holing her. So today, my patience is thin and luckily she has fallen asleep and is in her crib. It is 1:30 and this is her first nap of the day! ahh. hopefully Zach will nap too and i can take a shower. We'll see. But I love being home and not at work!!!
Thank you for posting this! It's so good to know that the "trenches" are filled with other moms having days like this too. Sometimes it's hard to remember that while we're all doing our own 'to do list' tangos in our own houses.
Good luck getting that other leg :) !
It sounds all too familiar!
I want to go walking!!! Oh, and by the way, my day NEVER goes like that. Everyone behaves all the time and all goes exactly as planned. You must be doing it wrong.
Post a Comment