Monday, October 8, 2007

Abi and Emma's new room

We had a big weekend around here. We made a lot of changes in our home that we are very excited about. Emma has been sleeping on our couch in her boppy for a couple of months now and we just felt that since she is getting so close to rolling over that it wasn't the safest "bed" anymore.

Saturday we took a trip up to our favorite store, Ikea, to get Abi a "big girl" bed so that Emma can use the crib. After about an hour of looking at beds and then looking again, we decided on a bed that we thought Abi would like...boy were we wrong-she doesn't like it, she LOVES it!!! She has made the transition from crib to big bed without any problems at all. She hasn't tried to escape at bed or nap time, she hasn't fallen off (thank goodness), and she hasn't fought going to bed.

The problem we had here was that Abi's room wasn't big enough for her bed, the crib and their dressers. Steve came up with a good solution-switch rooms with the girls. So now Steve and I are living in a little shoebox of a room-nothing but the bed fits in there-literally! But we don't mind at all-the girls' new room is so great for them so it is well worth it!

Here are some pics of our exciting new kids room. We would like to thank "The Great Pumpkin"(you know who you are) for making this all possible, we couldn't have done it without you!!!! Abi and Emma are so happy with the new set up, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Abi jumped right in to lend a hand putting her bed together.

Abi kept asking me to put Emma up there with her so they could play. I put her up there, looked away for a minute and when I looked back up, this is what I saw-so cute!!!This is the new bedding we went and got today-it's almost as hard to change the sheets on this bed as it is in the crib.Here's Emma's "new" bed. I'm glad she and Abi haven't had any trouble sharing the same room yet.

Abi is very happy with her new play room. It sure was nice not tripping over all of her toys all day long in our living room today. Aaah, life is good!!!

P.S. I'll post some pics of our little bedroom soon.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

fun. The room is so cute and the bed is adorable. It is like a little tent.

Amanda said...

Cute! I bet she loves having that tent over her bed! What fun.

Abi said...

cute cute! I love it!

d.r. gib said...

what a good idea to get a bed off the floor so her table would fit underneath. that probably saves lots of room! How smart! That looks like so much fun!