We started off at the Otter Pond. We saw 1 otter, but he didn't feel like swimming, so he just sat on a rock the whole time. The kids didn't mind though, they liked watching him stand up on his hind legs and look really tall.
Next, we went to the Barnyard area and saw lots of farm animals...we saw goats, sheep, cows, horses, pigs (oh boy did they smell!!!), chinchillas, donkeys, llamas, snakes, and lots of chickens and turkeys running around.

This sheep actually came over and the kids were able to pet it...but then Abi came running towards me with her hand patting her chest saying, "I scared mommy, I scared!" So she didn't get too close to any more animals. Except for this chicken that I had to stop her from chasing and trying catch.



There was also this pretty garden there. I don't know what it is, but there is something about pumpkin patches that I just love. I don't know if it's the contrast of the bright orange pumpkins and the green leaves, but I love looking at them!
When we were done looking at the animals we headed for the playground-it was lots of fun too. Us adults had about as much fun as the kids did on the big slides. My battery died after I got these few pics, but it'll give you an idea of what it looked like. Abi especially loved this big "tummel" as she calls them.



By the time we were ready to go home Abi was worn out and covered in sweat and dirt-a true sign of the fun she had!
1 comment:
that looks like so much fun
Post a Comment