Thursday, December 6, 2007

New Discoveries

I have recently made some new discoveries that I just love, so I thought I should share them with you so that if you don't already know about them you can enjoy as well.

The first one is Steve and Barry's. It's a retail store that sells Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" clothing line and Amanda Byne's "Dear" clothing line. I love these clothes. They are so cute and they are CHEAP! I have been looking for another pair of pants for about a month now and have been having no luck-either they weren't attractive or way too expensive. Well, I found a pair of Bitten jeans there that I just love and they were $9.98. Abi even told me I looked beautiful when I tried them on-that'll make you feel good!

The next thing I have recently discovered is something that I am probably way behind the times with. When I was at the grocery store the other day I decided to buy some Gogurt for Abi to try out.

She likes yogurt, but for some reason she has a hard time focusing long enough to eat a whole thing of it. So I gave her a Gogurt tonight and she not only sucked that one all down, she asked for a second and finished that one too.

The next thing only applies to you out here (sorry those of you far away). There is a new playplace at the Stamford Mall up on the 6th floor. I went there the other day with Ashley Dillingham and Brittney Boucha. Our kids had a great time! Only kids under 42inches are allowed in there, so there aren't big kids running around knocking the little ones down. Plus, it's nice to have an indoor "park" for the winter time. Abi keeps asking me to go to the park but when the temp doesn't get out of the 20's, the park is out of the question.

These last two things are new discoveries, but things I haven't used in a while and have remembered why I love them all over again...the first is online shopping! This is just the perfect way to get Christmas shopping done especially for those people who live far away. You don't have to go out and buy something and then get to the post office to mail it, you can just order it and have it sent directly to their home-I LOVE THIS! I'm sure you all use this too and I probably sound silly, but this is just so nice to be able to do at this time of year especially. (Plus you can comparison shop and make sure you're getting a great deal without having to run all over the place.)

The other one is the Clorox Bleach pen...Abi got a few new shirts for her birthday and it just so happened to be the white ones that she spilled the staining stuff on. These shirts would have been ruined if it weren't for the bleach pen!

7 comments:

Darleen said...

I love the Bitten line also, but the only Steve and Barry store that I know of is in the city. Is there one closer?

Hillary said...

there is one at the Trumbull Mall and one at the Palisades Mall-those are the two I've been to. Trumbull is probably the closest.

Kristen said...

I am glad to know about steve and barry's. I might have to go the palisades mall soon. That play area is great. I might have to make a weekly ritual out of it.

Marti said...

I LOVE Steve and Barry's-we just got one in SLC. Can't beat everything $20 or under!
I also love 'gogurts'. I freeze them and the kids love that, too.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me that Steve and his partner Barry opened up a retain store together. They make a cute couple.

rachel said...

Hillary what a fun blog. I have heard about the play area in the mall but i have never seen it. I'll have to check out the 6th floor next time.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about Abi being scared of Elmo. Steve was scared of Elmo until he was 18, but he turned out sort of normal