Friday, December 28, 2007

The "Tail" of our dog

Almost eighteen years ago in a land far away
we went over to some friends for a memorable day.
We showed up at their home not knowing what to expect
and ended up going home with Wally, our new pet.

He bounced in to the room, a little white ball of fur
We knew he was the one for us, of that we were sure.

Those big white ears that stood up like a bats
And when we let him out back he would chase off the cats.

We spoiled him rotten feeding him from the table
we took him for walks and bathed him when able.

He came with us the the lake and we took him on vacation
and when we got home he would greet us with elation.

He's been a part of our famiy in every way there is
from Christmas to birthdays and even family pictures.

And now eighteen years later he's getting really old
it's time to go to the vet and ease his pain, I am told.
Thanks for being a part of our family, all the memories and such,
We'll miss you little Wally, we love you so much.

7 comments:

Marti said...

Oh...that makes me sad. We had a dog all growing up-about 12 years-and I cried and cried when we had to put him to sleep. Great poem. Cute dog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hillary for the sweet poem. We will miss him a great deal. I have had lots of dogs but none like Wally.

d.r. gib said...

hill, that is such a cute peom. I am going to post our pics from today later on our blog. Very creative. We miss him already, but know it was time.

Ritch in Love said...

To the beloved Lloyd Family...I will always remember your sweet dog, Wally. I recently told my husband about your cute dog and what a great personality he had! I totally understand the pain of losing a dog. They are family members and extremely loved. We lost our dog Paddington to cancer about 5 years ago. It was one of the most painful experiences I have been through. Thankfully they will be there for us one day on the other side. I see that my friend Marti left a message for you. I'm so sorry. We'll think of him this night and your family, in our prayers.

Ritch in Love said...

By the way, I'm not sorry that marti left a message....that sentence doesn't look right in my comment. Oops.

Jill said...

Oh, I'm so sad about Wally. He was a cute dog! We felt this way when we put Tucker and Bax down. I never wanted another dog because it was so painful when they die. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Arveseths~ couldn't sleep... I hope it's ok that I stole a picture from your blog to put in my message. That one shows the personality I want to remember. From reading the other comments, I see you attract "dog people" - they are almost as faithful as dogs - so keep close to your friends and fam. Thanks again for your touching poem. I love you all and miss you everyday! Love, Mom