But hey, whatever works, right? Now she'll ask for Choo Choo water or Choo Choo milk. She didn't even ask for a bottle by bedtime. She probably could've done this months ago if I had just pushed the issue a bit.
Now our new hurdle is naps. The last 3 days in a row she has refused to take a nap. I even tried pushing her nap time back an hour incase she just wasn't tired yet. She will try so hard and sit in her bed for a bit, but she is just not tired-UGH! She is happy and pleasant all afternoon too-but I don't think I'm ready to give them up. I like the little break in the afternoon when both girls are sleeping and I can relax for a few minutes or get some housework done without the interruptions. Oh well, I'll try the rest of this week and if it doesn't work, I guess Abi's done with her naps...Aaaahhhhh!!!! If anyone has any suggestions to get her back in this habit I would love to hear them!
7 comments:
My kids are 4 and still take a nap 95% of the time. We went through times like that though-where they didn't want to and wouldn't. We tried pushing bed times and stuff like that. In the end I just decided to keep putting them down for a 'nap'-whether they slept or not. Most of the time they will fall asleep. Consistency has paid off for us. They just know what we expect. Good luck...either way!
When my kids started refusing naps, I let them nap on Mom and Dad's bed. It's magic or something to them, but Brandon is still taking naps in our room. I'm so glad, too, because he missed his nap today and it wasn't a good thing! I'm glad he'll still sleep a little during the day because I enjoy the break, too! I hope Abi will still go down so you can have a sanity break! I LOVE the Thomas cups! B will be jealous!
So Zach can communicate with Abi all the way on the other side of the country. I am sure he persuaded her some how to get Thomas. We have some similar ones. Make sure the lids are secure in the dishwasher, if they fall on the heat element, they melt. Speaking from experience. Also, Zach goes through phases of not napping, don't worry, she'll get back into it. I am sure it has been a fun week with daddy home, and Christmas toys, so she just doesn't want to miss anything.Also, Zach went through it when we took his binkie away, and when MJ was born. So any changes, like the bottle, can throw them off for a bit. But most kids still need a nap until they are 3 or even 4, depending on the kid. Pushing it back a little seemed to help us, but make sure she is up for at least 4 hours before bed time. Those are just my suggestions. Sorry, this is long.
Yeah Abi!!! I like those new choo-choo cups! Naps are wasted on the young... they just don't appreciate how wonderful it is to recline and turn your brain down for a bit...
My children didn't seem to need sleep... day or night and they all turned out practically perfect - the daughters of a really tired lady. Love you!
Cute cups! yeah to no bottles!
Abi is getting so big. I can't believe she is now off bottles.
Naps are the best thing ever! If kids only knew how great they were. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.
I read in a book that smarter kids need less sleep. Sounds like Abi and Miles are brilliant. Every kid is different. Tate will still take one every now and then on a Saturday, but Miles has outgrown his in the last 3 or 4 weeks. My suggestion is, run them ragged for 2 days, and on the third day they usually crash at nap time. Good luck.
-Al
Post a Comment