Thursday, January 3, 2008

Frigid temps and an ear infection

Well, thanks to the frigid temps here today and Abi's major bad ear infection we are pretty much home bound for a bit. I just looked on weather.com for the current temp here in Norwalk because it sounds really windy out there and it said that it is currently 11 degrees, but the wind chill makes it feel like -4 degrees!!! That is just too cold for me to want to go out, and on top of that Abi's got a bad infection in her left ear. We went out long enough yesterday to go to the pediatrician to have a look at her ear (he said it was bulging and really bad) and to go to CVS pharmacy to get her some azythromycin (she's allergic to penicillan as we found out with her only other ear infection almost a year ago). So, today, as I am sure some of my fellow Connecticutians (is that even a word???) are, we are not going to attempt an outing in the frigid temps.

Due to this, my girls are going bonkers and so am I now. Here are a few pictures of them today, I was able to get them a little under control long enough to get a few pics,(I was realizing the other day that I don't really have many pictures of them together, so I made an attempt today) and then they were out of control again...Who knew they'd start their rough housing/wrestling at such a young age. I was worried that Abi was going to hurt Emma, but Emma was laughing so hard during this whole wrestling match.

I would like to thank The Little Einsteins for keeping Abi entertained while I've tried to get a few things done today, she absolutely loves this show!

One last pic...she saw me editing the pictures above and kept saying, I want Abi green, so I opened this picture of her and we went to work. She would tell me what she wanted done to it and I did it. First off, she wanted to be green. Then she kept telling me she wanted green teeth (I don't know where all of this came from) and then she wanted pink cheeks and green lashes. The only thing I can figure with this green obsession all of a sudden is it's coming from all the pistachios she's been eating the last few days (thanks grandma and grandpa Arveseth for the new supply).

The Jolly Green Giant.

Hopefully it'll warm up soon so we can get out of the house and regain our sanity!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm sorry Abi has an ear infection! Daniel sick too - it's no fun.

Kristen said...

i know what you mean. it is so cold outside.

d.r. gib said...

Maybe we should all move to Hawaii so we don't have to deal with the cold! Sorry Abi is sick, I hope she is feeling better soon. Her green makeover is fun too.