Saturday, January 19, 2008

G.M.O.

Girls Morning Out

Ah, what a nice relaxing morning I had. Some of my friends and I headed down to NYC this morning to have brunch and a little time off from the kids and housework. We had a great time. We went to Le Monde on the Upper West Side (I don't really know what that means, but that's just where they said we were) and had a great meal-I ordered the Eggs Benedict and hot chocolate-YUMMY!

Um, I ordered the LARGE hot chocolate, what is this?!?!

Ashley, Allison, Meredith, me, and Kristen

Afterwards we did a little sightseeing-recognize this place??? If you don't, go turn on Seinfeld-it's in just about every episode! (Who's that guy in the background?)

We also went and saw a beautiful church that apparently started being built in the 1800's and is still under construction to this day. We went in and saw the main "chapel" (for lack of a better word)-it was huge and very ornate-Allison and I both mentioned that we thought they couldn't finish it because it was too expensive with how fancy they were making it. I didn't get any pics of this place-oops!

What a fun time and nice to get out with the girls for a bit! (If you moms out there haven't done that for a long time, I suggest you get out there and do, it's very refreshing!)

7 comments:

d.r. gib said...

I am watching Seinfeld right now, so that was funny to see the coffee shop

Ritch in Love said...

Love that you know NYC now so well! You should bring your kids down in the summer when we visit and go to statue of liberty or something with us!

The Arbuckle's said...

Looks like so much fun and cold. Were going to have to do this again so I can tag along.

Kristen said...

It was so much fun. I told shawn that i ordered hot chocolate and it came in a bowl like thing with a lions heads. We definitely will have to do this again.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you are enjoying NYC and Puckett! Wish I was there!!!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. I'll catch the next one for sure!

Darleen said...

That's so nice that your husbands let you do that! Saturdays are precious days at our house so it's hard to plan anything alone. Family time, family time.