Monday, January 21, 2008

Crawling 101

Emma is now 8 months old and she is itchin' to crawl so badly! She gets up on to her hands and knees and starts rocking like crazy-I swear the other day she even moved one hand forward and then face planted.

The other day Emma had assumed the position and started rocking and Abi got down on her hands and knees in front of her and said, "Emma like this..." and she proceeded to crawl across our apartment. When she got over by the kitchen she stopped and turned around to see if Emma was following her, when she wasn't Abi yelled, "Emma, come on!" Now, whenever Emma gets up on her hands and knees Abi is right there trying to teach her how to crawl.

I think I can, I think I can!

She has perfected the art of crawling backwards and usually ends up here, under the couch.

One of these days I'm going to look down and Emma's going to be crawling across the room, thanks to the great crawling lessons from Professor Abi.

Other than the near crawling, there's not much new to report now that she's 8 months old. We did have to move her out of her infant carrier into a bigger car seat. We got a new one and put Abi in that one and moved Emma into Abi's old one. They both love their new carseats.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sisters are wonderful!!!

The Arbuckle's said...

She is going to be so active. Soon you will be chasing two girls.

Good Luck,

Jill said...

What a big girl! And so cute! She must get it from you, Hill....

Darleen said...

Go, go. you can do it, you can do it. Soon she'll be talking. They pick up so quickly from siblings.

Abi said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Those are some great photos! I can't believe how big she is getting!

d.r. gib said...

This is why you push them down when they try to walk or crawl! Just teasing. Makayla wants to be chasing Zach so bad, she also goes backwards, isn't that funny that they do that first. It is only a matter of time before they really figure it out.

The Dillinghams said...

She is going to get it any day now! Abi is so good with her, I am impressed. She'll have to give Dane some big sibling lessons.

Kristen said...

she will get there so soon and then she will be walking before you know it.