Friday, January 25, 2008

So does that make me a good or a bad mom???

This afternoon I was in need of a treat, so I decided to dish up a bowl of ice cream for Abi and me to share. I brought it over to the couch where Abi was sitting and asked her if she wanted to share some ice cream with me...you know what her response was??? "No, I want some apple slices, carrots, and salad." Huh???? Where did that come from?

So does the fact that I'm tempting my 2 year old with ice cream make me a bad mom or does the fact that she'd rather have fruits and veggies overshadow the ice cream and make me a good mom?

7 comments:

d.r. gib said...

I think that makes you a good mom. My child won't even eat those healthy things. I know what he would say.

rachel said...

wow!! what a good mom. Kate would take the ice cream in a heart beat. she doesnt like carrots and would never ask for salad. you have obviously done a great job introducing healthy foods. go you!

The Parkers said...

Who cares if you're a good mom! More ice cream for you! :)

The Dillinghams said...

Definately good! Maybe Abi could come over and teach Cale how to be a good eater!

Anonymous said...

My second child used to raid the vegy drawer to steal carrots- then hide 'em behind her back when I came in to she what she was up to.

Years later she hooked up with a young man who's Mom told me he used to steal carrots from the garden then deny it to her face with his dirt caked lips & cheeks..

I think those two are great parents and that their children are of above average beauty and intellegence...

Good Genes and carrot juice!

Barbara said...

(PS - both carrot theives were about 2 or 3 years at the time of the crimes and have live blameless lives ever since)

Kristen said...

amazing. i would take the ice cream over the veggies.