Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Birds

"Nothing You Have Ever Witnessed Before Has Prepared You for Such Sheer Stabbing Shock! The Birds is coming!"
(Tagline from "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock)


Have any of you seen the movie "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock? I haven't ever seen the whole movie, but I know I've seen the part where the lady's standing in the phonebooth and all these black birds fly down to attack her-well that was pretty much the scene in the wooded area right out our back door this afternoon. (Besides the attacking part)

We couldn't believe it! There had to have been a few hundred of these crows in the trees (the Detlings can attest to it)and they were cawing so loudly and it lasted for at least a good half hour(we finally tuned it out after a bit, so I'm not sure when it stopped). It was so crazy, we had to get some pictures. Apparently, in the movie the attacks from the birds grew "in increasing numbers and with increasing viciousness," we only hope that these aren't those same birds!

2 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

I hate these birds. I think they followed Jason and I from our old apartment. We now have to turn on a fan at 5 am so they don't wake up Noah.

Amanda said...

Yeah that was so crazy! You'll have to tell me if you ever hear them again.