Monday, February 18, 2008

Introducing...

Go Fish...

and Ribbit!

Steve took Abi to get some pets on Saturday. For some reason he's been wanting to get Abi a fish for quite sometime now. Abi has enjoyed watching the frog and the fish swim around. And, as you could probably tell, we let her name them also. Very unique names, don't ya think?
So far they are co-existing peacefully, but we'll just have to see what happens. I don't have a great track record with fish, so wish us luck!

8 comments:

Darleen said...

Is it fresh water or salt? Are you going to be the fish cleaner? We've wanted to get a fish tank but I hate cleaning the tank. But I guess it would be an easy pet compared to a dog.

Amanda said...

Daniel loves fish - he's going to be so jealous of Abi! :) The little frog is so cute. How big does it get?

Kristen said...

well at least you have fish, Shawn wanted a pet and settled on a Ferret... a cross between a rat and a snake and a dog and maybe a cat. we will see if we still have her in 15 days.

d.r. gib said...

Watch out, we know how those Betas can be. Way cute, I have been thinking about getting Zach a fish, he loves to look at them when we go to Walmart. Let us know how it goes, you will be our test run.

Jill said...

Cute little pets!

Ritch in Love said...

Hey my 7 year old nephew has had the same fish for over 2 years now. He is in charge of feeding it. I know he doesn't always remember either. And his mom doesn't remind him, because it was his choice to get the fish. I can't believe the fish is still alive!!
Awesome names! My husband names all our cars. I have always called my jetta Ruby. He lets his kids name his cars. He used to have a Mustang but crashed it. Taylor named it Spirit (after the movie) and now we have a Red quad cab dodge ram truck. (I look 12 when I drive it) He Colton name it. We were hinting to Colton with words like Big, Red. Colton decided it was big and strong and we were going to name it BIG STRONG. (he was 5)He is never allowed to name another thing in our house. :)

Aggieland Mom said...

I hate cleaning fish tanks too...but Darleen is right, it's a heck of a lot easier than a dog! I had a fish when I was little and well it slipped down the bathroom drain, whoops! I don't have the best record with them either. I like "Ribbit", that it so cute!

The Parkers said...

Fish seem the easiest way to go, but then again, Tate ate a pet goldfish of one of our friends once. We weren't invited back.