Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ribbit, Feb. 16, 2008-Feb. 18, 2008

On the evening of Monday February 18 our beloved little Ribbit passed away peacefully in his tank. He is survived by his swimming buddy, Go Fish, and his owner, Abi. Poor little guy wasn't with us long, but he was fun for Abi while he was here. We ask that you send no flowers. There will be no funeral services as he has already had an honorable burial at sea.

(Told you I was no good with these kinds of pets...although I'd like to think that he wasn't with us long enough for this to be my fault.)

11 comments:

Jill said...

Silly frog....must have been defective! We'll have a moment of silence.....

The Dillinghams said...

We're glad we got to see Ribbit for a few minutes! Hope that you have better luck with Go Fish!

Barbara said...

sorry about Ribbit... my first great-grand frog...

Barbara said...

wait a minute... has there been an investigation? Is Go Fish really as innocent as she/he appears?

Amanda said...

I send my condolences. Should I bring a casserole? :)

The Arbuckle's said...

I'm so glad I was able to visit Ribbit on his last night. Give our love to Steve and Abi at this time.

Unknown said...

He he he. Still laughing.

d.r. gib said...

This sounds morbid, but the store would have probably replaced him if you had taken him back. That is what they did when our fish died after a couple of days. Also, in Feign Shu, it is believed that fish absorb our bad energy then die, so maybe it is the same with frogs. He had a great purpose, and it was fulfilled. He has moved on to warmer water. (instead of greener pastures)

Kristen said...

a two day life. hopefully the fish will long out live ribbit

Darleen said...

He died already! Poor froggie. Well, I guess another pet store trip is in the near future.

Ritch in Love said...

R.I.P.
Ribbit
You were loved by all and your name adored my many.
Perhaps a pet rock might work? :) LOL! (This coming from the flight attendant that can't keep a cactus alive!)