Monday, April 28, 2008

2008 NFL Draft

I told Steve to do this post, but he said I should do it-so I'll give it my best shot-especially considering that I wasn't even there for this fun event.

Steve's friend, Cale, was able to get some awesome seats to the NFL draft this last Saturday. The draft was was at Radio City Music Hall in NYC-they got seats about 4 rows behind all the players and their agents and the ESPN and NFL guys. They got their before the first pick and stayed for the first two rounds. He had a great time seeing how it all goes down and seeing the big wigs of the different teams and the ESPN guys-Steve Young, Boomer, and the others' whose names I don't remember. They even met a 49ers rep who gave them each a bag with a 49ers hat, shirt, calendar, and pin.

Here are some pics of their day at the draft:

Pretty cool stuff!!!

The ESPN commentators.

Sorry these pics are so dark-they all turned out this way.

Steve never smiles for the camera!

Good thing Cale wore all of his 49ers clothes so they could score some free goodies.

Calvin Johnson???

I can't remember exactly who Steve said this was...all I know is that he plays for the NFL and was one of the commentators for the day.

They had a great time and rolled in around 11:30 that night. I'm glad Steve went, he never does anything for himself anymore, so he deserved this fun break for a change!

6 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Well, I'm typing this for my husband...
VERY COOL!

And now it's me again...
I love it!

Hey Hill, did you see Carl's blog on my blog list? I just added it. Thought you'd like to see it.

The Dillinghams said...

What a sweet wife!! Looks good. Cale claims our camera wasn't working, so I'll have to get a few pics from you.

The Arbuckle's said...

I loved reading this post it gave me a great laugh.
I loved how steve made you post it and you aren't sure if that is Calvin Johnson. This is exactly what every wife would say "This is some guy I can't remember who it is but he's famous, that is all you need to know."

Great Post Hillary

Do anything you can afford said...

Thanks for the invite. I really enjoy seeing your little ones and hearing about your adventures. Evelyn

Darleen said...

That's cool! I didn't know it was a public event. I love the picture of all the men lounging in their seat with their caps and sportshirts.

Anonymous said...

Funny how you had to do Steve's post. I ditto Lindsey!