Well, Steve's gone-AGAIN! I know, it's crazy. He's working so hard, I admire him for how hard he can work-especially on how little sleep he gets these days. We miss him around here and can't wait until this big project is all over. Abi keeps asking me if we're going to go pick him up from the train station...we try to explain to her that he'll be gone for a few days, but I don't think she has quite grasped it.
I have been really stressed out and short fused the last few days since he's been gone. I'm not really sure why, the days are about the same as any other day that he's working down in the city. For some reason the fact that he's out of town, not coming home at night gets me a little uptight, and unfortunately it's my sweet little girls that take the brunt of it. Tonight I was being really grumpy and realized that there really was no reason for me feeling that way. I had to will myself to stop being that way. Once I did that I took a look at my sweet little girls and realized how lucky I am to be the one that gets to stay home with them. I need to cherish this time with them instead of feeling overwhelmed and burdened. They are such precious little ones and it is a privilege for me to take care of them and play with them every day. Since that realization, things have been a lot more pleasant and fun around here. Now tomorrow when I start getting cranky again I can read this post and remember that I am one lucky girl!
I love these cute little monkeys!!!!
9 comments:
You're a trooper Hillary. It's hard work! Let me know if I can help with anything while Steve's away!
Great job hanging in there though. It's hard to do anything all the time without a break, even something you love. Let me know if you need anything.
I KNOW how hard this is! Just rely on freinds and this is the trick...make your time alone fun. I used to rent a chick flick and save my caloried up all day so I could eat a bunch of cookies or a big slice of cake and watch my girly flick...
It IS harder when the Daddy isn't coming home at night. Don't be hard on yourself. I know if I at least leave the house for a minute (even to get the mail or something), then I do better. Anyway, you get KAT there now! Hang in there!
Hope you have fun with your sister. Let me know if I can help you with your sanity once she's gone:) And I better read this post daily so I can remember to be nice to Dane, too (and my husband isn't even out of town!)
Hillary - I dont know how you do it?! I think I'd be past the end of my limits by now. Call us anytime - we can set up the pool and make a fun afternoon of games.
I am here, so that helps--off to NYC in the morning!
it's tough having a hubby gone and stev has been gone a lot lately. Have fun with your sister and call if you need anything.
I can only imagine the stress his being away must cause. Thankfully you are an amazing mom! I don't know how those pioneer women did it when their husbands were called away on missions! Now that I could not handle...or at least I wouldn't handle it very well. If we can't see you on our quick NYC trip...don't worry, I'll be out there to see you at some point this year!! :)
Post a Comment