Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Daily Chores

As the day is winding down I just got around to making my bed...I HATE making the bed (just ask my parents, it was a constant battle growing up)! Anyway, it got me to thinking about all of those annoying daily chores that have to be done that drive me nuts...
  • Making the bed-which usually doesn't get done until the afternoon-getting everything all smoothed out and put back together just to have it messed up again in a few hours drives me bonkers.
  • Getting ready in the morning-don't get me wrong, it's nice to shower and put on clean clothes, makeup, etc., but it just takes so long-especially since I have to get me ready PLUS two little kids.
  • Dishes! 'nuff said
  • Dinner time-I am the worst at coming up with new and somewhat healthy meal ideas every evening. I try to do a weekly menu to combat this, but I still don't enjoy it.
  • Picking up all the clutter. I try to stay on top of it throughout the day, but somedays it's a futile attempt. With a 1 and 2 year old, there are CONSTANT new messes being made.

Thanks for listening to me, I guess I just had to vent. It's kinda nice to have a place to put these thoughts.

I guess, in an attempt to leave you on a more positive note, I will write down a few of the daily tasks that I love to do.

  • Doing my girls' hair. They are so good while I do it and it's something that is really fun for me to do.
  • Check the mail. As soon as I open up our front door both girls take off running down the hallway towards the elevatory, giggling all the way. We go down to the first floor and they love exploring for a few minutes while we make our way to our mailbox. Then Abi finds our mailbox and helps me unlock it and pull all the mail out.
  • Taking out the garbage...You must be thinking WHAT??? Well, here at the Brigham we have garbage chutes on each floor. We are right inbetween the two on our floor so we are as far away from them as possible. Again, I open up the front doors and the girls tear down the hall, then I let them choose which way we go and they race down the hall. When we get into the trash room they like to yell because there is an echo in the room. It just makes me laugh how much they love this job.
  • Putting the girls to bed. I love all the hugs and kisses that go along with this task. Emma isn't the best at going to be anymore, but the initial "putting to bed" is so sweet. We get loves that are priceless!

So there it is, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

4 comments:

Darleen said...

I hate to say it but sometimes my daily chores just don't get done. And that includes taking a shower.

kj said...

I completely agree with your list of "hate-to-dos" and loved hearing about the things your girls get excited about. Children make so many things so much more fun than they would be!

d.r. gib said...

you should look at Heidi's blog, she was feeling the same way today. I get so bugged having to pick the same things up everyday, but bed time is nice.

Alisa said...

I think one of the hardest things about the chores is that they have to be done over and over and over day after day! I'm glad Abi and Emma's enthusiasm has made a couple of the chores less tedious!