Thursday, September 18, 2008

Does anyone have a time machine???

(I'm not sure why it's putting yesterday's date on this post, I just wrote it this morning, Fri. Sept. 19th...weird!)

Yesterday I was at lunch with my friend Jo and I was telling her how I was dreading today. You may be wondering why I would be dreading today-it's Friday, the weather's supposed to be GREAT, tomorrow is game day, etc. Well, what you may not realize is that today is the first day of my official adulthood, yesterday was the last day of my "young adult" days. Yes, that's right, today is my 30th birthday-AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! You'd think I would be happy it is my birthday: all the presents, the extra attention, people singing to me, having a good excuse not to do housework, etc. But now I am now closer to 40 than I am to being a teenager by a year. I am not wanting to grow up, so I put this question out there to you nice people reading my blog-Does anyone out there have a time machine??? Even if it only puts me back to 29 for the rest of my life, I would be ok with that.
Here's a pic of my yesterday-so young, so unknowing...
Well, it's really not the end of the world like I make it sound-it's really just one day older as Steve keeps trying to remind me. So, I guess I'll make the most of this day and enjoy the little bit of extra attention and the free pass to do nothing important today (other than take care of my girlies!).

14 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome...it's not so bad. Wait until you are one year away from 40! Then, you can panic! Have a great day!

Alisa said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

It's all relative. Now I'm thinking 30 is not so bad. 36 (next week) is solidly on the "other" side of 30. You, know, the side that is now closer to 40 than 30. How on earth did that happen?

Alisa said...

OH, and I meant to tell you- cute hair!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish you were here so we could have a girls night out and celebrate! We miss you! (Your hair is really cute by the way)

Allison M. said...

Don't be sad, I positively treasure this brief time when you and I are the same age, (heh, heh) just before October when I leave you in the dust and become again much, much older than you. Just kidding. Hope your special day is lovely and that Steve gets you a fantastical gift to make this day a little easier to bear!

The Dillinghams said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! And I love your haircut. Emma looks so old in the pictures. Your new apartment looks so great!! I am now even more jealous! Hope you have a great birthday!

The Cochran Family said...

well, first off, great pixs of you, you look fabulous...second of, I'm about 6 months behind yah...so tell me, how does it feel? How did the first few days go? Your new place looks great! I love the view and being right down town SLC! I love it there!

d.r. gib said...

30 isn't so bad, but what do i know, i am only 28!! Just teasing--happy birthday!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-lated b-day. Cute hair!

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

The 30's have been the best times of my life!! Enjoy! You are still YOUNG!

brittneyboucha said...

Happy Birthday! Even though you're getting older i doubt you'll ever seem old to anyone becasue you are so much fun and full of life. happy birthday.

The Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day. I love your hair, you chopped a lot off.

kj said...

Happy Birthday (belated!) and 30 was a hard one for me too...in fact, it will be hard for me to turn 30 again...for the 5th time next week...Love your hair - and your age doesn't matter as long as you have great hair.