The girls' favorite part of our new place are the balconies-we have two of them, both with decent views. They love going out there and yelling "hi" to the people walking below down South Temple. I'll get more pics of our place once it looks somewhat normal. Right now there are boxes everywhere, pictures laying on the counters, and just a mess! We're liking it here so far, we're even going to take the girls swimming tonight in the indoor pool here.
Steve's enjoying his job so far. He's getting used to the short hours-8-5 is a new thing. Last Friday I went to pick him up at 5:00 and I asked him if he was ok to leave that early and he said that he was actually one of the last people there-everyone else left around 4:00. Plus we're enjoying the short commute-it takes him probably 10 minutes at the most to WALK to work! We are definitely getting used to having him around more!!!
Today Abi, Emma, and I met up with Kat and Corrine and their kids (minus Jenna who was at school) and went to the Living Planet Aquarium. This place is funny-you can either pay $8 to get in each time, or you can pay $15 for an annual pass-YES, that's right, an annual pass costs less than going twice! So I couldn't pass up buying a pass.
The kids were in heaven-they've been cooped up here in our apartment most of the week while I've been unpacking, so getting out with their cousins is just what they needed. We saw lots of fish, an octopus, some stingrays, sharks, Nemo and Dory, we even got to "drive" a boat out onto the Great Salt Lake." It's a very small aquarium, but just the right size for a bunch of little munchkins needing to get some energy out before nap time.
Zach driving us out into "open waters (as he said)"
Abi going along for the ride.
Petting the stingrays-well, actually, just splashing in the water.
The kids LOVED the touch tank-especially Lydia who kept trying to dive in!
Abi, Aubrey, Lydia, and Emma playing in the reef.
And lastly, we got to go enjoy the Utes throttling UNLV (at least in the second half) last Saturday. It was awesome being back at Rice Eccles cheering on our Utes. Steve, our bro-in-law Darin, and most of Steve's brothers are headed up to Logan tomorrow to watch Utah take on Utah State-perhaps another throttling???
5 comments:
I'm glad you get to have Steve around more! I LOVED living close to Matt's work for the year and a half that we were in the apartment! I'm glad you now have that chance, too!
your girls already look older to me. we sure miss you guys.
The girls look so cute! We miss you guys already. Dane keeps saying we need to go to 15 (exit 15) to Abi's house. I keep telling him she moved far away...he's so not getting it!
We had a great time at the aquarium. Sorry Zach was so excited and ran through it so fast. It is a great "anytime" place. When the kids need a little outing, but you don't want to be gone too long. Can't wait to see the your place.
I am sure it is so nice to have Steve home more! What a blessing.
Post a Comment