Friday, October 3, 2008

6 and oohhh BABY!


Last night was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time. We went to the University of Utah football game. They were playing Oregon State who just knocked off #1 USC last week. What a game!!! The Utes were trailing almost the whole game and they weren't looking the best. I must admit, at one point I didn't think they were going to pull it off. But with 2 minutes left, the Utes played like champs! In about 40 seconds they scored a touch down and made their 2 point conversion to tie up the game. Then they stopped the Beavers from scoring. Then with about a minute left the Utes were able to get down to field goal range. With 1 second left on the clock the hero of the Utah team, Louie Sakoda, came out to kick a field goal. The whole stadium was chanting "Louie, Louie, Louie!!!" And, BAM, he makes the field goal and the stadium floods the field. It was amazing! Steve and I even rushed the field-we rushed the field 4 years ago when the Utes beat BYU making it a perfect season. It was fun to do it again! Here are some pics from our fun night. (please excuse the photo quality, they were done with our phone)

GO UTES!!!

Look at that crowd.

Steve posing next to Brian Johnson



Asiata signing autographs for the kids!


If you look closely you can see Louie Sakoda up on everyone's shoulders.

Thanks dad for the tickets-we owe you BIG time!

Thanks Corrine for watching our kids overnight. We definitely owe you BIG time!

8 comments:

d.r. gib said...

What an emotional game! I am glad none of us threw up. My throat is scratchy, but I am with you, we have not had that much fun in a long time. Now onto the cowboys. yee-haw

Rachael said...

That is so cool you guys were on the field after the game. What excitement!

The upcoming BYU/Utah game is going to be so intense!

The Dillinghams said...

How fun! I always think of you guys when I hear about Utah on tv. Glad you got to be there.

The Arbuckle's said...

We tried to look for you guys. Looks like a great night, Jason is very jealous.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun...even if it was a Utah game... :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it looks like you miss CT.

Not.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cowan Family said...

I don't know, I think you look like a couple of red geeks (don't tell Aaron I said that)!!! Sounds like tons of fun though - if it were BLUE!