Did any of you see this story on the news last night about the dangers of blogging?
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4699330
I keep going back and forth thinking I should make my blog public again, but then I hear things like this and realize that going private was a good idea.
Be so careful with your blogging to keep your family safe!
8 comments:
I was just thinking of going private...especially since some gals in my ward know about my blog now. I think I want to know even who in my neighborhood is checking us out!
That story convinced me to go private. I almost logged on at 3:00 this morning to make it private because it was bothering me. I put a note on our blog today to let me know if you want to be invited.
Strange though that their stocker was a relative.
I misspelled "stalker", sorry
That is why we went private. Now we know exactly who is viewing our blog.
Yes - I saw it. But I honestly think bloggers who are not private (me, for example) are safe.
I mean - did you see some of those stupid examples - counting down the time to their vacation and posting their address??? Hello. I'm surprised these people haven't had identity theft happen to them yet. Totally clueless.
thanks for that. I go back and forth tall the time, but I can see we made the right choice to keep our family safe.
keep it private. it's better!
I have gone back and forth- in the end, with my kids' pictures on my blog- I have decided each time to keep it private. Now I know that that is the right choice.
Something to think of though- I have noticed that some friends' blogs that I have links to (who are public)- show my link on their website with my full name. So for Rachael- check out any "public" friends' links- you may be careful with your information- but you should check to make sure that your friends are careful with your information, too. Or else it wouldn't be too hard for someone else to figure out who you are, even though you are careful. Does that make sense? I don't know. It's something that I have noticed and been glad that mine was private. Although- if anyone has time, check this out. I do believe that blogger has fixed this little loophole- but I know that several of my friend's friends have been able to view my private blog without my permission by using her link since she does have permission. I tried it out a couple of times to see if it worked or if it was fixed, and I found that it didn't work- but it has left me wondering ever since.
Post a Comment