Sunday was such a beautiful day, we had a great time wandering around the temple grounds and through the visitor's center. I even learned something new and interested about this particular temple. Brigham Young helped design the temple and the plans were for it to have a tall, pointy spire on top. Well, for some reason, the temple was finished with a short stubby dome on top instead. Brigham Young was never happy with that, but it remained that way. A year after President Young's passing the top of the temple was struck by lightning and there was severe damage to it. When rebuilding the spire they made it a taller, skinnier dome that seemed to please everyone. I guess local "legend" is that President Young was still so unhappy with the short stubby dome that he had it struck by lightning so that it would have to be redone. I thought that was kind of a funny story.
Anyway, here are a million pictures of our time at the Temple, I loved so many of the pictures that I had a hard time eliminating any of them.
1 comment:
that is gorgeous! Funny story too.
Post a Comment