We had a wonderful day!!! The kids got up just after 7:00 and we went straight to work. Santa came and filled our stockings with some great gifts-Emma's favorites were the new water bottle and her little hockey stick.
Then we started tearing into all the Christmas wrapping paper and made a big mess-the girls loved it. Steve and I loved watching the girls having so much fun! They would tear into a gift and get a very excited look and insist on us opening the toy right away. Then they would play with the treasure for a few minutes before wanting to move onto another one.
I gave Steve a new football and a #3 U of U Jersey, I was thrilled when he put it on right away-he can be hard to shop for, but I think I nailed it this year! I think Abi was excited about it too because she ran right into her room and got her matching jersey and wanted it on immediately.
Last but not least, they got to open the big gift that Santa left for them. The whole time Abi was ripping the paper off she was saying "Oh, my!" Oh, my!"
My parents came over a little later to bring some gifts to the girls-Abi got some roller skates that she has been asking for for weeks now. She was anxious for us to get them on her feet and as soon as they were on their nice and secure she was off! I was amazed at how stable she was on them for her first time.
chaos, but the fun, great kind of chaos. Steve's dad had made this tree of gifts-it was a hit. Once Brock and Kaili had handed out all the gifts to everyone all craziness broke loose and we were buried in a sea of red and green wrapping paper. It was so fun, we had a great time!
The kids were wiped out and fell asleep on the way home so Steve and I stayed up way too late playing the Wii that we received from Steve's parents. The perfect end to a perfect day!
1 comment:
does Steve wear pants with his #3 jersey, or does he go with the Abi style?
Post a Comment