Oh how I hate being in limbo! I do not do well feeling out of control of my life, it makes me stressed, worried, and puts knots in my stomach. Well, that is exactly how I am feeling now. Our life is completely in limbo right now!
As you all know we moved back to Utah in September for Steve to start out a new job with a great company, Merrill Lynch, and an opportunity to be back near our families. We didn't have time to come out and look for a home to buy before the move, so we decided to sign a six month lease so we could have a place to live while we looked for a house. Things seemed to just be falling perfectly into place!
Well, 2 weeks to the day after Steve started his new job we found out Merrill Lynch was going to be sold to Bank of America and that his office is most likely going to be dissolved. WHAT!?!?! This wasn't supposed to happen! We were quite shocked to say the least. Well, all we could do at that point was just hang on and take it day by day.
Well then we found out that he will hopefully be employed at least through May or June before being laid off so we felt like we could hang on until then and then decide where to go from there. Some good news, I guess.
Now there are some talks, nothing official, of him possibly working for Bank of America, but back across the country somewhere. As great of a time as we had living in Connecticut it is hard for us to think of moving again, but who knows what other job opportunities are out here for him. More question marks in our lives that we didn't need right now. We don't know how long he has to make the decision, but hope it's long enough that he can do some serious job hunting here.
Well, then to top it all off we find out that our lease is almost up (that part we knew was coming) and our rent is going to go up about $200 if we don't sign another 6 months or year lease. When we moved in they told us we could go month to month at the end for the same rent, apparently that rule has changed (too bad we didn't get that in writing)! Here we thought we could just hang out here until we knew what was going to happen with Steve's job. So now our housing is in limbo too...the way I see it, we have 3 option: Sign another 6 month lease and hope it's not too expensive to get out of it early if we need to, look into renting somewhere else that is cheaper to do a month to month deal, or look into buying a home and just hope and pray that we can find a job here and that we won't have to move back across the country. Although the buying option is also frustrating because so many rules have changed recently and you need to have quite a good amount of money for a downpayment now-which we don't have. So you may find us homeless by the end of March if we can't figure this problem out before then :)
So as you can see, we are just juggling a bunch of flaming swords that I feel could drop at any moment. Please pray for us that we can get some answers and feel peace in making our decisions-we could use ALL the HELP we can get!!!
Thanks for listening to me, I guess I just need to get all my thoughts out of my head and this is my only journal, so all of you nice people get to hear them!
I guess I should leave you on a happier, more positive note: At least we're all healthy. The girls are so sweet and great. Abi's potty training is coming along very well!!! We are so happy to be able to see our families each week! The weather has been almost spring like the last week or so, it's giving me some serious spring fever!!! We have a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear, and a paycheck coming in right now-we truly are blessed and always have been! I know things will work out for us, it's just hard not knowing which direction we're going, but soon enough we will and I'm sure I'll look back at this post and think I was being so silly for worrying so much!
9 comments:
hopefully everything works out. I know how it is. We apply to dental schools between May and August and we hope everything will fall into place.
Good luck, I know how annoying that is! Luckily you are quite flexible, so you can limbo!
It's not silly to be worried. I think with the way things are in the economy, everyone is on edge. There was a reason for you to come back to UT, so things will work out. Hang in there!
I hate not knowing what's going to happen! I am such a planner that it brings a lot of stress! Hope you figure it all out soon so you feel better about everything. I'm sure it will work out great.
I understand where you are coming from. The not knowing is the hardest art. You wish there could be a large neon sign pointing you in the right direction.
I agree with you, do some serious job hunting here before deciding to move back across the country.
That is such an awful feeling. If you have to leave again I hope you are able to come back to CT, we sure miss you guys.
Good luck with everything.
I'm sure everything will work out - but I can imagine that it's pretty stressful being in limbo! We're keeping you in our prayers!
Hill,
Hang in there! I have an extra room and a unfinished basement we could put some rugs down!!! I hope things work out for you!
Hillary - this is such a tough time! We feel for you!!! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts. You guys can move in with us if you want and pay us cheap rent! That would be fun, eh?? We're remembering you guys in our prayers. Love you. Hope you had a great getaway weekend. I'm sure you needed it!
Post a Comment