Friday, January 30, 2009

Backyard Adventures

What could be better in the cold, bleak winter than playing in the backyard-but inside...confused? There is a store around here called Backyard Adventures that sells swingsets and trampolines. Apparently they have an open play time for the kids to come and try out all the fun contraptions(and I'm sure to try to get the parents to buy their swingsets). This was a great place and lots of fun for the kids to get some energy out.


They have a closed in area with about 4 or 5 big wooden swingsets with slides, rock walls, picnic tables, a tire swing, a hammock, a few little "club" houses, and who knows what else. (These aren't your run of the mill swingsets) They also had a few "blow-up" toys like a huge inflatable obstacle course, a bouce house, and a huge blow up slide.

My kids were a little timid, but all their cousins that came just dove right on in. Even with them being apprehensive we still had a great time and got some much needed exercise and playtime!
"What do I do with this thing?"
I'll show her how it's done!
"WEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" (These slides were FAST! The kids would get to the bottom and shoot out about another 2 or 3 feet off the bottom)

Here goes Aubrey
Lydia, Emma, and Makayla. I loved this pic the best, unfortunately Emma's face is partially covered by the chain. Emma pretty much stayed on this swing the whole time.
We had a great time and plan to go back soon! Thanks Kat for inviting us.

4 comments:

The Dillinghams said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish there were places like that out here that were free, haha! Hope you are surviving the winter...we still miss playing:)

d.r. gib said...

We too had so much fun, I can barely walk though. My legs are so sore from climbing the big dino-slide.

Anonymous said...

We need something like that out here! THey used to have one in Nyack, but then It closed down. How are you guys?! We miss you out here.

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where this is... We are coming out to visit for a few weeks and are always looking for ways to use up energy. Looks like a great place!