Thursday, March 19, 2009

Christmas in March!

It almost feels like Christmas to me this month. Not because it's snowy and cold-it's definitely not that. Not because I am running around doing a lot of shopping for gifts. Not because we have decorations and a tree up-we took that down a LONG time ago. No, it's because I am as excited this month as I am in December. We are so lucky and have been able to see some of our friends from Connecticut this month. We've been able to see people here and there since we've moved back and it has been WONDERFUL! But by the end of this month we will have been able to see 3 of our great friends from Connecticut.

The beginning of this month brought Breauna Checketts and her cute little kids out to Utah. We met up with them and Rachael McKinnon and her kids at Backyard Adventures. It was so fun to catch up with her. She has a little girl, Amryn, that was born exactly 2 weeks before Emma and it was so fun to see them interacting. I was Breauna's visiting teacher back in CT, not that I was a very good one, but I always loved going over to her home to visit and watch her kids play with mine. We had a great visit and a fun time playing together for a few hours.

Then, about a week and a half later Allison Martinez and her two boys came for a visit (are you noticing a trend here-hubby's are left behind to work-bummer!). Abi's been talking about Jacob for weeks now, she keeps saying he's moving back to Utah. I'm hoping she's having some sort of revelation and is seeing the future...I guess we'll just have to wait and see because Allison had no knowledge of an upcoming move to Utah. We can wish, right!?!? Anyway, Allison and my sister Corrine have been best friends since High School, so we all got together at Allison's in-law's home so we could chat and the kids could run wild. Abi and Jacob seemed to pick up right where they had left off 6 months ago. These two little ones are such good friends, it makes me so happy to see them playing together. We had a great time with Allison and the visit seemed to go by too quickly!

Then, next week, the Cowans are coming for a visit. (Lucky Aaron gets to come too) They aren't technically coming from CT since they moved to Napier Ville, IL right before we moved, but they are some of our CT friends. So on Monday night we're leaving the kids behind and meeting up for dinner. I am so excited to see them. Monica and I were so much in the same boat in regards to our husband's long work hours. They worked at FASB together (although those weren't the long hours) but then they both went on to work for PWC in NYC and they were often taking the same train home at night at 9:30. It was fun to have someone who could relate to me and understand me when I needed to vent about the crazy job! And our kids were great friends too, Abi absolutely LOVES Dominick and Kambree!!! She even named one of her baby dolls Dominick. :)

So, this month is going to be a great one! Probably even more exciting than Christmas. And we have some plans to see a few more people in the upcoming months, so it's just going to get better and better. If anyone else out there wants to come for a visit please know what we will gladly welcome you with open arms, we love our visitors from the East!!!

3 comments:

kj said...

I want to get on your list of people to see! What a fun month!

rachel said...

oh thats so fun! you guys sure made a lot of really great friends in CT.

Kristen said...

it is always fun to see friends. I love getting a chance to catch up with friends.