Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Red Butte Gardens

Today, with the weather being as beautiful as it was, we decided not to waste it and get out to enjoy some sunshine.  We went to Red Butte Gardens with Corrine and her kids.  I've never been here before, so it was a new adventure for me and my girls-and it didn't disappoint.  The place is set up with a bunch of different types of gardens, from herb gardens to smelling gardens to a wonderful children's garden.  Not to mention there were beautiful yellow daffodils all over the whole place.

The kids' favorite place, obviously, was the children's garden.  And within the children's garden they especially loved this pond with the stepping stones going over the water.Emma wasn't so sure at first, but she was ok.  She really liked throwing rocks into the water though.
The rest of the girls LOVED it though, they probably went in about 50 circles going around and around on the stepping stones.

Sorry I didn't get any real great pictures, being the brilliant person I am, I made sure my camera was good and charged so I could get some great pics today only to realize that I left my memory card at home in the computer-UGH!!!  

We headed over the the smelling garden next.  It smelled so good-all the blooming hyacinths-so we decided that would be the best spot for our picnic.  We even had a field trip group come and sit by us while they learned the anatomy of a plant-good refresher course!  There were these swings that the kids had lots of fun on...can you believe we squished all 5 girls on one???
Our last stop before heading home (besides the huge hill that the kids loved to roll down) was the Orangerie-this was a fun little greenhouse-type of building with some really beautiful flowers and a few orange trees in it.  Aubrey had been dying to see a flower as big as her head, this one was pretty close..
.Align Center
It was a great time and we can't wait to go back in a month or so to see how much it has changed with the blossoming of the trees and the blooming of the summer flowers.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds like you guys are doing great. Hope all is well for your family.

d.r. gib said...

Zach likes the large lizards for climbing on and the large snake maze. We must go with you next time, when the sun comes out again!

brittneyboucha said...

Oh Hilary congrats on your new little one coming soon. I got on to see if you were expecting another one. I hope all is going well. I cant believe how big your girls are getting. I hope you Feel better soon.

Rachael said...

Oh! - I'm so glad you guys went! I really want to go there. If you feel like going back, I'll call you when we plan to go. The pictures look wonderful.