Monday, May 11, 2009

Hello World, I'm BAAAACK!

You know those first few months, long weeks, first trimester (however you want to put it) of a pregnancy...the ones where you feel like a walking, barfy zombie?  You are too tired to pull yourself out of bed in the morning, you feel too sick to your stomach to eat- but then if you don't eat you feel even worse, your poor kids have to fend for themselves for breakfast-they become good scavangers though, and you can't seem to make a coherent thought because you're sooo tired and sick and hormonal to think rationally?

Yep, that's been me for the last few months or so.  I had started to accept the fact that this is how I was doomed to live my life forever.  There was no escape or relief and I had to learn how to function just enough to keep my kids alive and our apartment in just enough working condition for us all to survive.  But then one day I woke up and was feeling just a bit better-hope!?  Well, it didn't last too long when the next day I was back to Zombie-Mommy...but little by little it started to fade.  I didn't notice it too much at first, but now that it's almost completely gone, I am starting to remember how it feels to be human again.  To be back amongst the living.  The kids get fed breakfast at the table like real people do, they are dressed before 10:00am, the apartment will be vacuumed at least twice a week, and I can make my BIG come back to the world!  It's funny how quickly you forget what it's like to feel good, but then as soon as the morning sickness passes you ALMOST forget what that feels like too (not completely since it shows it's ugly head every now and then, but it's definitely the exception and not the rule any more)!

So watch out world, my and all my 18 weeks (almost) of pregnancy are back!

4 comments:

d.r. gib said...

great post! You told they perfectly!!!

The Dillinghams said...

Glad you're feeling better! Can't wait to see more pics! (And I'm not pregnant, but I've kind of been in the same funk...at least you have an excuse!)

Alisa said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

kj said...

Congratulations on hitting the good part of pregnancy. You said it perfectly!