Wednesday, July 22, 2009

BUGS!!!

I am NOT a fan of bugs!!!  Some bugs I can handle, but not very many of them.  Abi is still at the young age where she's so curious and loves to pick them up and show them to me, she asks me to hold them, and she loves to feel them crawl on her.  EEWWW!!!

Sunday at my parent's home was Abi's first time actually catching a potato bug-these little guys I can tolerate.  She thought it was so great how it tickled her hand as it crawled all over her.  It was pretty cute to watch her so engrossed with this little bug...

On the other hand-I CAN'T handle moths and BUTTERFLIES!!!  Anyone who knows me well knows my feeling about these particular bugs-I HATE them so much, I'd dare say I'm scared of them!  They're so unpredictable and fluttery, GROSS!!!  Abi is soooo obsessed with butterflies right now, she thinks they are the greatest.  Last Sunday her Primary teacher (who works at Red Butte Gardens) sent all the kids home with little cocoons.  If she wasn't so into butterflies I would have "LOST" the little bugger before we even left the building, but Abi was so excited to see it turn into a butterfly.  So begrudgingly  I let her keep it until it hatched (is that the right word???)  It took a few days for it to come out, but once it did I quickly set it outside hoping that it would fly away pretty quickly.  Well, she was SOOO excited once it came out-she quickly named it Abi and checked on it a million times.  It didn't fly off for days, we transferred it into a bigger bowl, tried feeding it some fruit, everything.  It never left-Abi was happy about that though, she thought it was great to have a butterfly living on our balcony...I, on the other hand, was creeped out everytime I went out there.  Well, Abi the butterfly eventually passed on and we moved it to a "better" place:)

But here she is with Abi the butterfly...

3 comments:

The Parkers said...

I haven't visited here forever, but Allison M. was talking about you today, so I thought I'd check on you. I'm so happy you're having a boy! I'm just wondering what organ you'll get rid of right after you give birth. :)
I loved the cute pictures of your girls. I'm still saving Miles for Abi.
-Al

The Arbuckle's said...

I hate bugs as well, but Noah has just found out how fun they are.

I'm trying not to get him scared because I need someone to kill them for me when Jason's not home.

FYI: I did not know about your fear of butterflies, FUNNY!

d.r. gib said...

I am very impressed with you being to keep the butterfly for a few days. I know how you feel about them, they are hairy and gross! We had a large moth in out garage the other night and it creeped me out!