Friday, November 27, 2009

one more reason...

Well, I was hoping to have some time to sit down at the computer and upload some pics and do a few blog posts about life in PA but unfortunately I don't have just yet...you see, my sweet, wonderful, adorable little Jason has some stomach issues-SPITUP!!!!! And no, not just your typical spit up, I'm talking volcanic eruptions!!!! ALL DAY!!! EVERYDAY!!!! So along with this
"lovely" problem comes many other things that get in the way of my blogging. Things like changing Jason into his fourth, fifth, etc. outfit for the day, mopping up the floor two or three times a day, putting my third load of laundry in the washer, changing my own clothes a few times, and even sometimes an emergency shower when he has spit up down my shirt-GROSS or on the couch while I'm feeding him and I end up sitting in it-NOT pleasant.

So, my blog may continue to be abandoned for a little while longer until we get this under control. We are, however, starting to notice some warning signs leading up to the eruption. You know in Princess Bride when Wesley and Buttercup are walking through the swamp (or forest, I can't remember which they call it) and those fire pits are about to go off and it makes some noise, well, Jason does that-he'll start to make a weird little sound in his throat and then he erupts-Just like in the movie! So sometimes I'm able to get to the sink in time for him to spit up in there, saving me some laundry and mopping time-wahoo!

So until then, Adieu!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

You should get a bowl or puke bucket like they give you at the hospital. Have you talked to the md about any of it? Do they think is reflux or GERD, or is the Esophageal Sphincter not working properly? (Its not often you can say sphincter in a blog comment:) )

Courtney said...

Pyloric Stenosis that's the term I was trying to remember.

The Arbuckle's said...

how awful. Eliza is having reflux problems as well but not like what Jason is having.

Hope you find a solution for the little guy, that is not fun for him.

Good Luck

Cath said...

Any help yet? This sounds like SUPER reflux! Like the worst I've heard of in a long time... that boy needs some prevacid. Now!

Kristen said...

Hopefully it will get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about that. My parents always told me that I was a baby that could throw up from one room to the next. I just keep thinking that I am destined to have one as well. Good luck with it all and congratulations on your arrival to PA!