Wednesday, January 27, 2010

some thoughts...

I've had a bunch of random thoughts flowing through my head the last few days, so luck you gets to hear about 'em...
  • I am trying hard to learn a good balance in my life of playing with my kids, teaching my kids, and getting some housework done. I feel like it's almost impossible to do all three but I'm sure there's a way. One thing I've started doing is making a to-do list every morning of the housework I want to do, that way I'm not constantly seeing things that need to be done and doing them. If it's not on the list and the kids need me it can wait until my list tomorrow. Any suggestions???
  • When we first found out Steve has Celiac disease I was totally overwhelmed...being the main cook and shopper in the house. It was really really stressful and still is at times, but I have really found a new joy for cooking! Wait, did I just say that?!?! Yep, I find myself happy when I am trying to find new recipes, putting together new meals (that sometimes take FOREVER since you're starting from scratch), and feeling proud (but not in a prideful way) of my accomplishment when the meal is a success. I guess when I have a purpose or a challenge in a task it makes me rise to the occasion.
  • One of the perks of living in Pennsylvania are the slot machines. No, I haven't been out gambling!!! But the extra money/taxes the state pulls in from these makes us eligible for the Homestead Act which is basically a tax relief thing. So, we may be seeing some extra money in the not-too-distant future!
  • I hate doing housework, but I love the feeling of being productive and I love the feeling of a clean house and I love the feeling of finishing up a project.
  • I am SUCH a girl when it comes to bugs! I HATE THEM!!!!! They gross me out, they creep me out and I think they're disgusting! (especially moths & butterflies as most of you know) But out here in West Grove there are these little grayish brown bugs-I think some type of a beetle that take up residence in your homes. I literally kill an average of 2-3 A DAY!!! They used to creep me out but now they make me mad! I don't want them in my home! I don't want them landing on my arm while I'm feeding Jason. I don't want them crawling on the ceiling above Abi's bed! I find myself coming at these guys with a vengeance-No Mercy!!! So LOOK OUT bugs-I'm coming for you!
  • I wish you could buy all the old Disney movies any time you want, instead of having to wait for them to come out of the "vault." I really want to get my girls Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, and The Lion King. I guess I may just have to try Ebay or something.
  • I love hearing my girls tell each other that they love each other-especially when they don't realize I'm listening-it just turns my heart to goo!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Hey! Time to call and exterminator! We had so many bugs in our house (especially while others were building their homes close to us), that I had to get a bug guy. I just barely gave the bug guy up! It's soooo worth the $$. Also, guess what Kaysville has? A dedicated gluten-free bakery! We'll have to stop next time you are in town and get Steve a cupcake!

Rachael said...

Hillary - I have just completely forgotten that you are adjusting to 3 babies and also Steve's new condition. AND a move!! let's not forget that. Don't ever be hard on yourself right now. This is a tough adjustment.

And if you ever feel like you cant handle it all - I usually take my stress out on a good tsumani cleaning of my house - which means anything that sparks my wrath gets thrown out. :)

rachel said...

Hey Hillary! I saw this website and thought of you. You may already be signed up here but if not I think it looks really cool and helpful. Heres the link http://glutenfreecircle.com/free-products

brittneyboucha said...

hey hilary! its 2 in the morning and im sitting outside lous room so she will stay in her bed. I read your blog and it inspired me to try harder at life. you are such a great example. your kids are so cute. i miss you guys. happy new year!

Kristen said...

you have a house instead of an apartment to keep up with. i love the pictures you took of your kids. i can't believe how grown up abby and emma look.

Alisa said...

We gave up our bug company a few years ago. If the bugs are bugging you :) call an exterminator! I was surprised at what a difference it made- when we first got one- and then surprised again when we let them go- we had forgotten how many bugs they took care of!

As far as the whole balance thing.....you do what you can to just get through each day. With four- it's total chaos. Seemingly all the time. I'm doing what I can, and have had to let go of the rest. You'll find whatever balance works for you! It always changes with every different phase that your kids are in, too. So- I'd say that the one thing we all have to learn is to be flexible and open to the constant changes in our lives! As you well know!