Thursday, April 1, 2010

Longwood Gardens

We have discovered a great place to visit here in Pennsylvania. It's about 20 minutes from our home and it is wonderful! It's called Longwood Gardens. This place is HUGE! I'm not sure exactly how many acres it sits on, but you could really spend all day there and not see the same things twice. Because it's been cold we've really only explored their indoor conservatory so far, but now that it's warming up I can't wait to get over there to explore more of the grounds. This place is amazing...and it's constantly changing, so you never really see the same things twice.

They just wrapped up their "Orchid Extravaganza" yesterday. I can't wait to go back and see all the new spring flowers they have planted!
I LOVE these little yellow flowers, they look like little girls in fancy poofy dresses to me. I forgot what they were called, but I need to find out and see if it's something I could grow at my home!
One thing that's always there is their Rose/hyacinth room. The girls get a kick out of this room because the first flower that you see going in it-every time!-is the "Jason." They are these HUGE orange flowers...we finally had to get a pic this time.
So when you come to visit, we'll make sure to take you to Longwood Gardens, you'll fall in love!

2 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

we've been to that place during christmas time and it is gorgeous. So many pretty flowers, plants and trees.

We hope we can come visit everybody soon.

Rachael said...

Oh wow. So beautiful! Makes me so much miss the east coast with so much to do...

Have you been to Scranton yet in honor of The Office?? :)