- The SUN is out! We haven't seen the sun in almost a week-it's been raining like CRAZY for days and days!
- We went to Wal Mart this morning. When we were walking into the store we walked past the Pepsi guy getting ready to go inside to refill the bottles of soda in those little coolers up by the check out stands. My girls saw the green Mtn. Dew bottles and Emma yelled, "I LOVE SPRITE!" The guy heard her, turned around and started laughing. I looked at him and laughed too. Then he grabbed two bottles of Tropicana Orangeade and gave one to Abi and one to Emma. It was SO nice of him and REALLY made my girls' morning. It's little kindnesses like that that give you hope that this world isn't all going downhill :)
- We got to go play at Longwood Gardens this morning. That place is just beautiful. We love the indoor conservatory. It smells DIVINE in there with all the flowers. Today was the last day of Orchid Extravaganza, I'm glad I made it before it was over! It was amazing!
- As we were walking back to our car after the gardens my girls were admiring the daffodils along the sidewalk. Abi stopped to look at the gardeners gloves and tools for a moment when the gardener came over with two little daffodils in her hand. She told us she accidentally cut them and gave one to each of my girls! (I guess it pays to be a cute little munchkin these days-all sorts of hand-outs)
- Alice in Wonderland came out on DVD yesterday. Ever since my girls saw it on TV a year and a half ago they have been OBSESSED with it...they pretend they're Alice and the Queen of Hearts. I have wanting to get them the movie for a long time now. While we were at Wal Mart this morning I saw it and I HAD to buy it-I know, I'm a SUCKER! But now the kids are watching it and are as happy as can be.
Can't wait to see what the second half of the day holds for us, I hope it's as great as the first half!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment