Easter this year was REAALLLLYY low key, but it was still great! After the girls fell asleep on Saturday night I went and hung their new Easter dresses in their room...well, the second they got up they saw them, pulled off their jammies and came running into our room with their dresses asking us to help them undo the buttons so they could put them on. Well, step one of getting ready for church was done by 6:30am, so that's good! :D
After the girls were dressed we rushed downstairs to see if the Easter Bunny had come, and guess what-he did!!! YAY!!!
Here's the kids checking out their baskets...well the girls anyway. Steve had also bought this new basketball hoop for Jason since he's taller than the one that he already had-he needed more of a challenge I guess. Jason could have cared less about the easter basket, the jelly beans, the hidden eggs, all he wanted was the "HOOP!"
Ok, maybe he'll pause for 1 jellybean
Emma unwrapping a goodie
We have to be out of our house around 8:15 most Sunday mornings so Steve can get to church early enough to set up the translating equipment for the Spanish speaking members of our ward so we didn't have a whole lot of time to sit around and enjoy our sugary goodness, but somehow we did manage to get out the door on time.
However, I wasn't able to get a cute pic of the kids all dressed up in their new easter clothes before we left, and I knew after church they'd all be a mess, so I got a "great" pic of the kiddos in the foyer just before church started. (I tried to take one of them outside at the church but Jason, being the boy he is, couldn't leave the dirt alone. So, here they are...

After church we just goofed around at home, made a special dinner with ham and mashed potatoes. The kids played basketball in the basement with their daddy, Steve and I took turns taking naps, we made and decorated sugar cookies, and just had a nice peaceful afternoon.
I hope you all had a great Easter too!
No comments:
Post a Comment